s e v e n t e e n

Nathan pulls the car into a parking lot and puts the car in park. You quickly wipe your wet face,while he was focused on the road you let a couple of tears fall out. He unbuckles his seat belt and turns the car off before he gets out and comes to your side to open the door for you. You can tell he's trying to be super nice, it's sweet really. He grabs your hand once you're out of the car and leads you into the park that he brought you to. He begins up a steep grassy hill as he holds your hand tightly to assist you, you feel a bit weak but he makes sure to help at your pace. Once you're both at the top, he sits down in the grass and tugs at your hand for you to do the same. You do as he wants, removing your hand from his.

"This is a nice place to think, look at the sky, or just watch people have a good time. I like it here...it has good vibes. You know what I mean..?"

"I...guess so?" you sigh

"Life sucks..and..is very hard. But, somehow beautiful at times. It's weird how that works."

"Yeah.."

"Look, (Y/N). I know you don't know me very well, and...I don't know maybe you may not trust me very much," he looks at you, "But you can talk to me, if you need to talk. I'm not much but, I don't like seeing you upset. You're a good person, you don't deserve whatever it is you're going through...just know that."

You're surprised,
"T-thanks..I'm not sure what to say to that..." you're very appreciative of his words

"You just said it.." he chuckles and looks away out into the actual park where the people are

"What?" you're confused by what he means

"You said 'thank you', that's all you have to say. Even though you deserve it."

"I do?"

"Of course you do, you're a good person. Even if you don't think so."

"I believe the same about you too." you flash a weak smile at him, he looks at you;he looks a bit surprised.

"(Y/N), I'm not- -"

"You care about me, right?" you ask

"I mean...y..yeah, sure." he replies hesitantly

"And you're trying to cheer me up right now because you see I'm struggling right now, aren't you?" you smile a bit more confidently

"Y..yeah. You can say that." he quietly answers

"Then that makes you a good person in my book too." you give his hand a gentle touch for a second as it sits upon the grass, it's a gesture of kindness before you look back off into the distance.

"I...guess you're right..." he mumbles, you both sit in silence as you observe the actual park ahead of you two. As bad as you were feeling it's nice, to be sitting there..with Nathan. You can't help but feel awful though, the things Warren said..you can't help but feel that he's right.

"Hey, Nathan....?"

"Yeah?"

"I just want you to know that, you're a really good person and I'm glad that I got to meet you. I'm glad that I'm able to be here with you...right now." you look at him, if you're honest with yourself..you're scared of what's to come. You don't want to die, but who does? You just feel the need to let him know you appreciate him, just in case you never get to say it.

"What?" he looks taken aback, and his once pale cheeks become a soft warm pink.

"I just want you to know, that..I appreciate you." you grab his hand, holding it tightly with a weak smile

He stays quiet as he doesn't know what to say or how to react. He gives you this weird look. He's obviously confused, as he should be..considering he doesn't know why you're being so sentimental all of sudden. You lean your head onto his shoulder,you feel him tense at first but he adjusts to it.

"I'm sorry." you feel tears begin to well up in your eyes again.

"For what?" he softly speaks,looking at the top of your head as it lays on him

"Alot of things." you squeeze his hand, you feel sorry that you haven't even told him and that one day you may just disappear...and that he'll never know why. You don't think Nathan considers you a friend but you know he cares, and that's enough to make you feel guilty.

"I feel that..." he replies, he knows the feeling as well..feeling sorry for a lot of things...

"I'm just..sorry,if one day I just...disappear.." you sniffle, trying to hide your tears

He's confused by this, but he gives your hand a gentle squeeze
"I..I know you're going through something, but..don't result to...that." he thinks you're referring to something else...

"No..no, " you lift you head to look up at him "It's not- -" before you can correct him you're interrupted by a soft force pressed against your lips. Nathan's lips are gently colliding with yours before you can understand what's happening. Your eyes widen, all you can focus on is his hand intertwined with yours and his soft lips. You quickly rip your hand out of his and pull away, you scoot over quickly

"I-I'm sorry! I just--"

"No! No! Don't apologize," you look away,your face is hot and you can feel your heart about to burst, "Wh..why did you..?" you softly ask, looking into his eyes. His face is filled with worry.

"I just--" he reaches over to wipe the tears from your cheek from when you were previously crying, he shrugs as he looks like he's searching for some answer, "I don't..know.."

"I..I'm sorry, I can't..um. I...I think I should go." you quickly stand

"Wait, (Y/N)!" he quickly stands, he tries to stop you but you quickly try your best to scale back down the hill. You manage, almost falling a couple of times;you pull out your phone and quickly call Warren to hurry and come get you as you go back the way you came, hoping Nathan wouldn't follow.