s i x

Your day starts like any other day but this time you're in the school's library..you have a research paper due and you've been working on it for a couple of hours now. You sigh as you type. You stare at the screen before you notice someone coming towards you, you look up and smile..it's Warren.

"Hey, what are you doing here?" he smiles;looking at you before, he takes a seat on the other side of the table.

"Working on a paper, I'm almost done, " you finish up the last couple of words "I've just got to proof read it..."

"ah..um...so..I was wondering if you'd like to..I don't know, " he sounds nervous, you look up at him with a smile on your face...he's so cute..

"hang out? sure.."

"ah," he nervously laughs, "cool..I just want to get to know you better..you seem nice."

"You too. So, where would we go..?" you look back down at the laptop screen with a smile still on your face

"The movies or maybe do something cheesy like mini golf.." he slightly chuckles

"that sounds nice," you slightly laugh, saving your paper and closing your laptop "Just let me take my things back to my room and change and I'll be ready?"

"Alright. I'll be in the parking lot." he smiles and stands up;leaving the library

You felt kind of excited, it wasn't a date of course but you've never been asked to hangout...you've always done the asking when you could get the courage. Warren asking you to hang gave you some sort of confidence..
You hurry to your room and change into something cute...you remind yourself it's not a date. You just want to make a good impression. You throw a jacket over yourself and leave your room, you walk out into the parking lot. You walk up to Warren's car and hop in. You smile at him, "I'm ready!" You feel this tingly feeling in your stomach as you let it sink in that you're hanging out with a cute boy. He starts up the car and drives onto the road.

"So tell me about yourself.." he glances at you before returning his eyes to the road

"Like what..?"

"Why'd you come to Arcadia Bay?"

"It's a...difficult thing to talk about to be honest..."

"Oh, I'm so sorry I didn't--"

"No! No! It's fine I just..," you take a deep breath, "I just have been shut in..for a very..long time. Till the point I didn't even understand why I was still existing or if I even was...existing, but I decided I had to do something with myself rather than mope around and be such a burden to the people in my life, so I just wanted to do something with myself by coming to such a great school I mean....life is..short." you'd normally feel silly for using that line but in your case it was very true

"I get it. I mean I know I could never understand what that's like because I haven't been in your shoes but I get it. That sounds like something so hard to go through but I'm glad you're pushing yourself to become and feel better..I'm glad you're here, at Blackwell," he slightly chuckles;a bit embarrassed "Sorry if I went on a bit of a tangent.."

You quietly laughed "It's fine, that's..great to hear actually." he was honestly so cute when he seemed nervous, or smiled, or chuckled, or went on little tangents. And you thought it was sweet of him to say those things.

You both finally made it to the movies, and honestly the movie sucked complete ass and was so cheesy but you guys had such fun ripping on it that you had a great time. Warren even bought you both popcorn. You guys were alone in the theater so you laughed,joked, and booed as loud as you wanted to. After the movies he took you to this skating ring which was a bit farther from Arcadia than you'd like but you just wanted to spend more time with him. You didn't even know how to skate, at least not anymore. And even though your body would be very sore the next day you didn't care.
"You've seriously never gone skating??" he helped you onto the rink

"Not since I was like 10!" you let out a yelp before you almost fall, you hold onto his arms for support and he holds onto yours help you out. You let go thinking you can balance yourself but immediately fall,grabbing his arm and bringing him down with you. You both erupt with laughter as you sit on the floor, you both probably look so foolish but you don't mind. You're having a great time and that's what matters. He stands and helps you up. Through much trial and error you actually get the hang of it, you still lose your balance but you manage not to fall. He laughs at your yelps and at your falling and you joke that you're upset about it.
"Stop bullying me!" you tell him multiple times. But then the moment you've been dreading comes, it's time for you both to return to Arcadia Bay..to your dorms. Your body hurts a bit and your feet hurt a bit from the cheap roller skates that were provided but you're still smiling. It's been so long since you've had this much fun,especially with another person..no matter how many embarrassing and dumb things you shared with each other. In the car he recalls your bad skating and the awful movie you both saw and you both laugh at the evening.
He walks you to your dorm and you both approach the door.
"That was amazing, I had such an awesome time." you smile widely, looking up at him.

"Yeah I had so much fun with you," he nervously laughs "we should do this again sometime.."
....
Your eyes meet and you smile at him and he smiles at you. Your heart sinks in your stomach but...it's it's a good sink. You can't think straight because of the tension, you can feel your face heat up..you're probably blushing so hard.

"W..well..I'll see you tomorrow!"

you're a bit disappointed that the day had to end but you nod
"Of course."

He heads down the hall back to the exit and you watch him leave. you enter your room and smile so hard that your cheeks hurt.