e i g h t

Your eyes slowly fluttered open as a bright light immediately greeted you, you squinted for a moment as your eyes adjusted. You slowly opened your eyes all the way, you were confused for sure.
"W..where the hell--" you whispered to yourself as you tried to sit up from whatever you were laying on but you immediately felt your body go weak and then you remembered. The fatigue and the blacking out. You took your time before trying to sit up again, it appeared you were in the nurse's office. Before you could gather your thoughts Warren walked in, he quickly rushed over to you once he realized that you were awake.

"(Y/N) thank God you're awake! you had me worried! Why didn't you tell me?!"

"T..tell you..what?" you spoke in a weak voice

"That...that you're sick...why didn't you tell me?"

"Sick?"

"Yes..that you have..c-cancer. The nurse told me when I was freaking out about you...why didn't you tell me?"

"I," you sighed, so much for keeping it under wraps, "Warren, please you can't tell anyone."

"Why?! It's important just in case this happens again, the nurse said it could've been from stress or..the fact you're anemic...it's..it's very concerning, yknow.." he seemed pretty upset

"Because I don't want it getting out, you wouldn't understand. Everyone will start treating me differently and pretending they care because they feel bad and....they'll start treating me special. I don't want any of that. Please, Warren, please understand. You can't tell anyone." you pleaded;giving a soft look

Warren stared at you as he seemed to be thinking about it;his arms crossed

"Please!" you pleaded again, more aggressive this time

"Fine, fine. I won't tell anyone...but please be more careful. And why aren't you getting your treatment?!

"What..? how do you--"

"The nurse must think we're close, he says I need to do my best to get you to go...obviously you're not doing well."

"I'm fine, I'm perfectly fine," you sat on the edge of the bed in the nurse's office, "I've been getting treatment for most of my life and it's only gotten worse, I'm sick of it...I don't--"

"It doesn't matter whether you're sick of it or not, it was keeping you alive..wasn't it..?"

"It's not like that...it's....not a way to live, seeking treatment day by day just for it to get worse, having your parents throw away all that money just to drag it out longer....it's inevitable so what's the point? I will die."

"What?! (Y/N), you can't say that! It's not true and..you need to have hope!"

"Hope? Warren..I'm far past that. I don't like lying to myself or giving my hopes up..that's why--that's why I'm here..at Blackwell. It was a dream to come here and before I die I'd like to--"

"You're not going to die! Stop saying that!"

"You don't know that!" you're both obviously frustrated with each other at this  point

"And neither do you!" he retorts

you stay quiet, there's no point in arguing..he's not going to listen. He doesn't understand. You look down as you stand up

"(Y/N), look just..try to continue with treatment. Please, I..I care and I don't want anything like this to happen again...or..worse."

"I know, I know. But it's not up to you."

"That's why I'm trying to convince you, just once and if you change your mind I won't bring it up anymore. "

"I--" you really didn't want to , but you could see how much he cared even if you barely knew each other, "Okay..I'll make an appointment.."

"Good! Let me know when and I'll take you." he smiles, obviously glad that you gave in.

"Okay..I'm gonna go back to my dorm and rest now.." you walked toward the door, Warren quickly followed

"I'll drop you off, make sure you get there okay.."

"Okay."
You both leave the school and head to the girl's  dorms.

"S..so..how long have you..had it?"

you're hesitant to answer at first, you've never really had to talk to anyone about it..back where you lived people knew and didn't bother to ask questions. They were too afraid, they took pity on you but never dared to know more.
"I...I was diagnosed when I was 15.."

"15?! Wow that's young, you..you must have been so scared."

"Yeah...I was. It was all so new and everything changed so quickly..it got so bad at one point I basically lived in the hospital.."

"Wow..I'm..sorry if I'm being insensitive by asking questions I just--"

"No, you're fine..ask away. It just means you're curious..." you softly smile at him

"I'll save any others I might have.." he smiles back

"Well here's my stop." you stop in front of your door

"Oh! let me see your phone, so you can call me or text me whenever. And don't forget to let me know when your treatment is scheduled..okay?"

"Okay." you hand him your phone and watch as he puts in his number, after he saves it your phone immediately rings in his hand.

"Oh," he quickly hands it to you, "I think it said it's your mom.."

You look at the name and he was right, you sigh and answer;putting the phone up to your ear you quietly wave at Warren before he waves back and quietly leaves. "Hey,mom." you enter your room.

"(Y/N)! Thank god! I got a call from your school saying you were rushed to the nurse's office and that you had passed out!" her voice was full of worry

"Oh yeah, I'm..I'm fine I just got a bit overwhelmed is all.." you lied even though you were pretty sure it was because you skipped out on your treatments this week..

"Overwhelmed?! well honey are you okay, should we come back up there? do you want to come back home and--"

"No! No...that uh..that won't be necessary, ma. I'm fine. I promise." you try to assure her

"Okay...but next time I'm gonna have to come up there..okay?"

"Yes ma'am," you change the subject "So how are you and dad?"

"We're fine, we miss you...alot." being the only child, of course they missed you..

"Miss you too..." you take off your shoes and plop down on the bed. You and your mom make small talk before she has to hangup and get back to work. You lay down in bed, still quite tired. You shut your eyes to rest again.