f o u r

You start your morning with your normal routine. You sigh and leave the dorms, immediately heading to the school building. You pull out your phone as it buzzes in your pocket, you smile at the text your mom sent you.
Mom: Goodmorning, sweetie! I hope things are going well and I hope you have a nice school day, please call me soon! Love you!

As you hover your thumb over the keyboard, ready to compose a reply,you feel something hard hit your chest; you stumble back and grab your chest

"Holy shit, I'm so sorry!" you hear a voice quickly turn toward you, you feel two hands gently grab onto your shoulders "Are you okay? I'm so so sorry! I didn't mean to hit you it was an accident I just--"

"It's fine! You're fine!" you choke out, you assume the person was just talking and while using their hands to express they just so happened to hit you. You open your eyes and look up at the guy. He looks relieved you're not angry, but still concerned.

"You sure you're fine?" he asks gently, staring at you with his soft brown eyes. You slightly and nervously smile like an idiot, he's actually kind of...cute. He raises an eyebrow waiting for an answer.

"I...I um..yes! yes! I'm fine." your eyes explore him as you slip out from under his touch. Your eyes stop at his shirt that you take time to read

 Your eyes stop at his shirt that you take time to read

you softly chuckle. He seems cute in a nerdy way. You point at his shirt, not wanting it to seem like you were laughing at him.
"I like your shirt, it's cute. You like science or something?"

He smiles, seeming flattered and nods
"Yeah. I um..I am."

You smile back and stare back up at him, making eye contact. You stay quiet for a minute before he clears his throat, you quickly look away and sigh.

"I'm (Y/n)..um by the way..!"

"I'm Warren, " he smiles again "See you around?" he asks

"Sure! I hope to! See ya, Warren." you smile and start to walk past him; in the direction of your class. You put your phone in your pocket completely forgetting to text your mother back. You sigh but slightly giggle,thinking of how awkward you made things but he seemed nice. You walk into class, you sit in the seat next to Nathan.

"What are you smiling about?" he asks, noticing that huge grin running across your face. You immediately straighten out your expression and clear your throat;shaking your head.

"It's...nothing.." you answer

"Something got you happy today?" Nathan seems a little less tense and stern then the past couple of days, maybe he's just trying to be nice to you.

"Seriously, it's nothing. I just ran into someone nice in the hall, that's all." you look at him

"Yeah? well you can bring guests to the party if you'd like?"