Time Travel

The group of four stood in the middle of the field after the Fairy Godmother disappeared.

"Why do you think she chose us for this?" Matthew asked.

"She said that we were the only ones that can help. So we should at least try Uncle Matt." Charlie said. "Mom and I will go to palace, where there must be a leaf from the tree, and something of Grandpa's. Aunt Carrie and Uncle Matt you can try to get the unicorns hair. Come on Mom."

Charlie pulled her mother all the way to palace. Charlie was so excited. She had always read about heroes and adventures in her books, but now she's about to be one. She just hoped that her mother and uncle wouldn't ruin this moment for her.

"Do you see how excited Charlie is?" Carrie said and smiled.

"Yeah, I just hope she doesn't get too excited. Because when I see the first sign of a way home, we're all out of here."

"What why?"

"Because, we have children and jobs that need us. What are you planning on doing?" 

"I'll text Scott and Henry to pick up the kids.  I'll tell them that we took Dad to see his sister."  Carrie said and took out her phone. She tried to send her text but it wouldn't go through.

"Any luck?"

"I don't have connection here. I'll try again later before the kids get out of school." Carrie said.

"I'm holding you to that." Matthew said. "So how are we going to get this hair?"

"Sneak up behind him, and try to cut a strand off with my keys?"  Carrie suggested.

"Go for it."

Carrie carefully snuck up on a unicorn grazing.  She grabbed her keys from her pocket and carefully grabbed the unicorns tail.  The unicorn lifted its head up and looked at Carrie.

"Hello nice unicorn.  I just need one strand of hair.  Do you mind?"  The unicorn flicked it's tail, startling Carrie and making her fall into a pile of mud.

"I think he does mind."  Matthew said.

Inside the palace Charlie was so excited to show her mother around.  Elizabeth was happy to see her daughter this happy.  She hadn't seen her smile like that in months.  Ever since Elizabeth filed for a divorce, Charlie hadn't been the same.  The only joy she had in her life was when she would visit her grandpa Conner.

"Mom, do you think we'll get Grandpa back?"  Charlie asked.

"I hope so Charlie.  You know when I was a little bit older than you, I had the same relationship that you have with Grandpa. I wanted nothing more than to be just like him."

"So what happened?"  Charlie asked.

Elizabeth's Flashback...

Elizabeth woke up that day happy and refreshed just like she did every morning.  She got out of bed, got changed into her jean skirt, and pink shirt.  She curled her hair, put on flower barrette and brushed her teeth and then she went down stairs.  Like usual she found her mother in the kitchen making her breakfast.