The Mask of an Evil Uncle

Matthew has been walking around for what seemed like hours in the middle of a forest.  He was thirsty, hungry and tired.  He soon couldn't walk anymore, and sat down next to a tree. 

"Oh God, how do people travel here?"  Matthew asked.  He soon heard a horse off in the distance.  He quickly stood up and ran towards the sound.  He saw a lonely horse in a pasture.  He jumped the fence and slowly walked towards the animal. 

"Hey!  What are you doing in my pasture?"  An old man said walking out of his cottage. 

"I'm sorry I just need a ride.  Actually I need directions too."  Matthew said.  "I'm trying to find someone, someone with a mask.  I know it's a weird request, but I need to find him.  Please, it's important."

"Well, I think you'll find him in the Fairy Kingdom."  A young man coming out of the cottage said.  "I just heard from our neighbor that the battle in that kingdom has just ended.  A man named the Masked Man, was a released from Pinocchio Prison by that army that came to this world.  You'll find that man there."

"Great, thank you.  Can I borrow your horse?"  Matthew asked.

"Sure you can.  It's pretty far from here, you'll need him."  The young man said.

"What business do you have with a man that has been in prison for 10 years?"  The old man said.

"I'm sorry for my grandfather, that is your business." The young man said. "But out of curiosity what is your business with him?"

"No it's fine, I need something from him. Something that will help my family.  I'm sorry that's all I can say."  Matthew said.  "Thank you for your horse.  I'll give him back I promise."

"Thank you, and good luck."  The young man said.  "All you need to do is go down this road and take a left at the troll and goblin territory and you can't miss the castle."

"Thank you!  Thank you so much!"  Matthew got on the horse and rode off to the Fairy Kingdom.  It was a pretty difficult ride for Matthew because he hadn't ridden a horse since he was 8. The moment he first rode a horse came into his mind, and he started to get emotional because it was one of his most treasured moments of his childhood with his mother.

Matthew's Flashback

It was a rainy day in Washington DC, and Matthew was in the back of the car with his sisters Elizabeth, and Carrie.  It was the beginning of spring break and their parents did not tell them where they were going.

"Mom!"  Matthew whined from the back seat.  "Where are we going?  It's not right to not tell your kids where they're going."

"It's a surprise."  Bree said from the passenger seat. 

"Probably means it's going to bad."  Elizabeth said.

"I like surprises."  Carrie said as she played on her tablet.

"I think you'll like this surprise."  Conner said as he drove.  "It's something you've never done before."

A few hours later they parked in front of a hotel.  They unloaded all their luggage and entered their hotel room.  Matthew instantly flopped down on the bed and turned on the TV. 

"Nope.  No TV."  Bree said and turned off the TV.

"Mom! We've been in the car for 5 hours.  All I want to do is sleep and watch TV."  Matthew said.