The End Game

In the throne room, Younger and Older Alex, Annabelle, Carrie, and Brystal were in the middle of a magic battle against Edmund and Evelyn.

"Edmund, look at this newbie!"  Evelyn said to Carrie.  "It's cute watching a beginner try to be so tough."

"Well, this beginner I think is quite advanced." Carrie said and waved her hands and two massive, thick green vines shot out of the ground and wrapped around Evelyn and pinned her down to the ground.  She screamed and tried to get out of the vines but had difficulty.  "Alex now!!"

Carrie took the cuff out of her pocket and placed it on Evelyn's wrist.  Her struggling stopped and her face went pale.  She was weakening.

"What's, happening, to...me,"  Evelyn said weakly.

"Our plan."  Older Alex said and high fived Carrie.  "That was amazing Carrie.  I wasn't doing that advanced magic until my 5th month of training.  It's like you were born to do this."

"Maybe I was.  It is in my blood."  Carrie said and smiled.

On the other side of the room, Annabelle, Younger Alex, and Brystal were taking care of Edmund.  Each shot the powerful fairy's threw at him, he dodged.

"Haha, you'll never get me."  Edmund taunted.

"We'll never back down,"  Annabelle said and shot another ball of light at him, but Edmund created a shield and the ball disintegrated.

Brystal tried to take the next shot but Edmund waved his hand and knocked her wand out of her hand and it shattered into little pieces.  Younger Alex quickly waved her hand and reassembled the wand.

"Wait I have an idea guys."  Younger Alex said.  "All of us together."

The fairy's formed a circle around their opponent and all shot beams of magic on him.  He tried to fight the intense magic but instantly went down.  Annabelle then slapped a cuff onto his wrist.  He instantly became weak just like his sister.

"We did it!"  Carrie cheered.

"That was only round 1,"  Brystal said.

"She's right."  Older Alex said.  "Now it's a waiting game."

On the other side of the castle, Allyson, Older and younger Conner, Elizabeth, Matthew, Nathaniel, Gabriel, and Jake had their swords up ready for any opponent that came their way.

"I understand why you never told us about this place, Dad,"  Matthew said.  "It's a nightmare."

"It wasn't always."  Older Conner said.  "There was a time where we had peace.  That was when I could have shown you this place."

"Dad, nonetheless, we had a great childhood,"  Elizabeth said.

"I'm glad.  That's all I wanted for you three."  Older Conner said.  "But I did deprive you of your roots and your other family."

"Dad, you actually did show us this world.  You showed us through your books.  We were just dumb and weren't willing to open our eyes."  Matthew said.  "We're also sorry for wanting to send you to an assisted living community.  We just thought you were crazy."

"Thanks for reminding me of that."  Older Conner said.  "After all this is over.  We'll be discussing that horrific idea and I don't care if you are adults you will be punished because you are still my children."

"Understandable,"  Elizabeth said.  "Just so you know, it was actually Matthew's idea.  He talked me into it."

Just then 8 armored soldiers surrounded them with their swords up.