Back to 2025

2025

It was a bright sunny morning in Willow Creek California. It was the end of summer, and it was already time to go back to school. Well not for Conner Bailey but for his girlfriend, Bree. Bree decided to get her masters degree, and Conner didn't want to live with his parents for a year away from Bree, so he decided to go with her. Conner decided not to get his masters, because he wanted to work on a special project. Something he had forgotten to finish 12 years ago.

Conner got up from bed, and got his luggage all packed, and went downstairs. He noticed that his stepdad Bob was already gone, but his mom was in the kitchen making coffee.

"Good morning Conner." Charlotte said.

"Morning mom." Conner said going into the kitchen and giving her a hug.

"So when's your flight back to New York?"

"In an hour. Bree should be here in a minute."

"I still can't believe you didn't want to get your masters as well. I think it would be good for you." Charlotte said handing Conner a cup of coffee.

"I don't think so Mom. Besides it's already too late, and I know what I'm going to be doing this year."

"What?"

"I'm going to write my first book. Well attempt it."

"Really?!  What is it going to be about?"  Charlotte asked sipping her coffee.

"About the adventures I had with Alex in the Land of Stories.  I think kids would want to read about our crazy life." 

"I think so as well.  I'm so proud of you for doing that!"  Charlotte said and grabbed a piece of paper from the counter.  "Oh yes and here is the address for your apartment."

"Mom, you and Ms. Campbell did not have to buy us an apartment!"  Conner said taking the sheet of paper.

"We wanted too, besides we only paid the down payment.  The rent is your responsibility."

"Thanks mom, and don't worry I'll get a job."

"Or if you finish that book fast enough you'll have millions, and you can buy a bigger apartment...with extra room for kids maybe."

"Mom, we're getting married when Bree finishes school.  No kids yet."

"I know, I'm just saying for later."

Conner looked at his watch.  "I wonder where Bree is.  We have to catch a plane in an hour."

A few blocks away was the Campbells house.  Bree was tearing her room apart, looking for the beautiful gold watch that Conner had given her the night before.

"WHERE IS IT!"  Bree yelled has she took her sheets off.

"Oh my God!  What is going on in here?"  Her younger sister said coming into the room.

"Conner gave me a gold watch yesterday for our anniversary and I lost it!" Bree said looking under her bed. Bree's mom came into her room, and was instantly confused.