(UnderSwap) Book Nerd

Chara woke up from her sleepless nap, it was the 5th one this weekend she wasn't able to get enough rest.

At a young age she would always need something beside her to rest peacefully, usually something warm.

She got up from bed groggily and made her way downstairs, she was met with frisk always in the living room, in a chair, reading a book.

His poor sight made it hard for him to see anything so he always squint his eyes, Asgore decided it was best for him to go to the eye doctor to get glasses, now he looks more like a nerd.

Ugh, but why did he had to be cute?

She remembered in the underground, he was a little bit nice? He would always argue why she did these things like why flirt with them? or why eat chocolate so much? Or it's either don't even bother talking to them.

She knew he was trying to protect her in a more possessive way.

Like that one time she hanged out with Asriel all day and when she got home frisk didn't talk to her for hours, but now she understood his feelings, if only she had the courage to say hers.

As Chara walked pass she heard frisk spoke behind her, "What are you doing up at this hour?" He nonchalantly said, not looking up from his book.

"I couldn't sleep..." Chara opened the fridge and took out the jug of milk, Chara heard some shuffling and some soft footsteps.

She saw the top cabinets open in the corner of her eyes and a glass sliding over towards her, she turned to see frisk analyzing her closely, she blushed from the sudden attention and poured in her milk.

"Again?" He asked, he could always figure something wrong with her, he was this mind reader who could read her problems.

Chara nodded and opened the microwave and placed her cold milk inside, she push the buttons and waited as the microwave heated up her milk.

"You know if your having trouble sleeping you could always sleep with... Asriel." She could hear his jaw tightened up as he mentioned her adopted brother, as she turned to frisk he looked away and opened the microwave as It beeped.

He blew it to cool off a little bit before handing it to Chara, "I don't want to, he sheds to much and he's too warm." Frisk looked away and made his way to the living room with Chara beside him, he sat down in his chair and picked up his book.

Chara sat in the couch and took small sips from her warm milk, even though Chara wasn't looking up from the ground she could feel his stare on her.

Her eyes drips slowly as she gains drowsiness, she wasn't even halfway to finishing her warm drink, she heard frisk sighed and sat next to her.

She leaned in and placed her head between his shoulder and neck, he took the milk from her hands and placed it to the side, Chara let out soft and quiet snores as she hugged frisk closely.

Frisk wanted to read some more but he was afraid he would wake up Chara if he reach for his book, guess he has to accept his faith, it was getting really good too...

Frisk took off his small glasses and fold it and hanged it off his sweater, he slowly laid down and got comfortable with Chara on top of him, his eyes began drooping as he continued listening Chara softly breathing in and out peacefully.

He closed his eyes and mumbled under his breath,

"I'm always here for you..."