25 Happen Ending

Yugyeom put the last clothes inside the suitcase as he sighs for the nth times. He's preparing for his departure tomorrow but his heart isn't ready for it at all. He knew he will miss her a lot there. But it's for her good, for his good as well. He can't be selfish. He needs to go.

He pulls a small smile, putting the passport on the bed-side table and he sits on the bed with fingers running through his hair. And in the next second, his mom comes into his room with teary eyes as she faces her precious son. Yugyeom looks back at her, standing up immediately as he gives her a gentle stare and smile, "Mom..."

As he called his mom, his mom can't hold it back anymore. She runs straight to him, holding him tight in her embrace as she cries into her son's chest. Yugyeom's smile turns into the sad one as he whispers, "Mom, don't crying... I'll go back. This is not forever."

But the older woman doesn't care with what he said. She hugs him tighter than before as she mumbles in between her sobs, "I know you'll go back. But still, we won't see each other so soon after you go."

A small tear escapes his eyes before he wipes it in a hurry. Yugyeom pulls out himself from the hug as he leads his mom to sit down on the bed while he's kneeling in front of her. "But I can't be forever monster to everyone around me, mom. I love Chaeyoung, I love you, I love dad, I love my friends, and I want to change myself."

His mom wipes her tears away and she cups her son's cheek inside her tiny palm.

"I'm sorry, Yugyeom... What did I do before? Why are you suffering like this? I'm terribly sorry, my son..." she says in a very soft crying voice.

Yugyeom takes his mother's hand, kissing it gently before he says, "No, mom. Don't be sorry. It wasn't your fault at all. I'm happy like this, mom. I can learn a value of life." Yugyeom smiles weakly before his mother gives him the same weak smile.

"How is Chaeyoung?" she asks after a good couple minutes of silence.

"Although I'm not but at least she's happy without me... I mean, she deserves a better person at all." Yugyeom is satisfied with his own answer. Finally, he can really let go of her, a little by little. He's sure he will completely move on from her just the same as she has moved on from him.

"But you love her." his mother mumbles.

Yugyeom shakes his head gently, taking a deep breath before he says, "Only as a friend for now. Nothing can separate Jungkook from her, even me."

His mother smiles proudly at her son, "Yugyeom, you're really matured a lot."

"Mom is proud." she whispers the last part.

He chuckles slightly, wiping an escaped tear from the corner of his eyes, "No matter who's the person next to her but she's happy with it, I should be happy for her as well." before he continues, "and you also said, to love is to receive... I love her so I'm receiving the reality that I can't be with her even though I want to."

His mother gave him a gentle squeeze on his shoulder before she hands him his own smartphone. Yugyeom looks at her questioningly before his mother says, "Call her son, and tell her for the one last time about it."

"But mom..."

"Believe me, you will feel good." his mother smiles before she exits the room.

Yugyeom isn't sure, why he should call her? He grasps his phone tightly before he decides to slide the screen on. His finger runs across the touch screen to find her contact. After some minutes of searching for her contact, he hesitates to press the green call button.