Quatre - 4

I begin to read one of the new books Miss Peregrine brought for me earlier today. I trace the words along the page as I read page after page. I hear Olive's voice just outside my room, making me want to go out of my room to see what's happening. I walk out of my room to see what's happening and soon enough Jake walks into Enoch's room. I stand at the frame of the door and watch as Enoch tries have a "man to man" talk. 'If you think you're staying just because you like Emma, don't bother' he said as he tried to manufacture a heart to work.

'You see, she swore off romance years ago when she got her heart broken. And she's never gonna change her mind. So' he continued. 'Enoch, I wasn't. . ' Jake tried to explain but just couldn't. 'Enoch, since when did you give advice?' I asked, my arms crossed in front of me. 'Since Jake arrived' he said glaring at me. I keep quiet as Enoch stuffs a heart into one of his dolls and a brain into the other. They begin to fight and claw at each other.

As the fight ended, Olive started clapping and shrinking. 'well wasn't that amazing, the fight lasted for a minute like it always does' I said walking away. I walked back into my bedroom to continue reading. 

As night began to fall, I got ready to go downstairs for dinner. I walk out of my room and head towards the stairs. Enoch walks beside me and nudges me. I glare up at him as he smirks. I roll my eyes and nudge him back. I smile a bit as we continue to walk down the stairs. 

As we enter the dining room, Miss Peregrine was standing, waiting for everyone to be seated, I took my seat next to the twins at the edge of the table as Enoch sat beside me at the head of the table. Emma and Jake came together and took their seats. As Jake took his seat beside Emma, Millard screamed. 'Millard, go and put your clothes on. Polite persons don't eat in their nude' Miss Peregrine said as everyone laughed. 'Jake, you can sit here' Olive said as she whispered the last word. Miss Peregrine slowly sat down as Horace spoke up. 'look at Enoch, he's jealous' he said, everyone looking at him. 'why would I be jealous? Olive can marry Jake for all I care' he said, leaning in. 'who said Olive was getting married?' I asked. Enoch kicked me underneath the table and nodded at Olive. 'Olive, I didn't mean it like that' I said, trying to explain. 'don't be mean Enoch, Olive is just excited to have Jake here' Fiona said. 'Nobody is marrying anybody. Now eat up your food before it gets cold.' Miss Peregrine said, smiling down at her food. 

As Hugh opened his mouth, a swarm of bees escaped his mouth going all over the place. 'Hugh, where's your net?' I asked whilst hitting the bees away. We began to eat again, bee-free.