Douze - 12

I grab my suitcase out from under my bed and grab clothes from my wardrobe and fold them neatly into my case. I grab some of my favourite books and try to fit them in my case. I somehow managed to close my case and drag it downstairs. I walk back up and walk into my room. I look around and spin around for sec, remembering what I've done in this room for the past 7 years. I try to capture every moment as much as possible and sigh. There was a knock on my door and turn straight to it. I see Enoch standing in the doorway. 'Enoch, what do you want?' I asked. 'I came to talk to you' he said. 'now is not the right time' I said. 'we'll talk later, after this is all done' I said. He nods and walks away. I stare straight at him before looking down at the ground and call his name. He turns around and walks back towards my room. I stare straight at him, avoiding eye contact with him. I lean up and kiss him on the cheek before going back downstairs. I get to the bottom of the stairs and the doorbell rings. I look through the door and see Mr Barron and Jake standing at the front porch. 'Miss Peregrine' I said. She turns around and looks at me. 'Jake's not alone' I said. Enoch stands beside me and I look at him. 'Barron' I mouthed. Miss Peregrine nods and opens the door. Barron stands behind Jake, holding his shape-shifted hand to Jake's neck. 'Miss Peregrine, what a pleasure it is to meet you, at last' he said. 'may we come in?' he asked. Miss Peregrine moves out of the way for Barron and Jake to walk into the house. I step back a bit and accidentally step on Enoch's foot. 'Children, would you make your down the stairs please' Barron turns toward us. 'I give the orders in this house Mr Barron' Miss Peregrine snaps. 'Not today. you should know Jake has served his purpose. If you value his life I suggest everyone does as they are told' he continues. 'Children!' he calls, turning to us. 'shush' Miss Peregrine said, turning to Barron. 'no one tells my children what to do' she said. 

She turns to us

She turns to us. 'Children, come down here please' Miss Peregrine calls. The children follow as instructed and walked down the stairs. 'Miss Peregrine' Barron tried again. 'I thought I told you to be quiet' she snapped. Miss Peregrine turned to us again and spoke. 'Children, for Jake's safety we are going to do what Mr. Barron asks. He wishes to take me with him to his rendezvous in Blackpool. So for his protection, he would like me to assume bird-form, preferably caged... And he'd like you to make your way into a lockable room, such as the parlour. As he won't relieve Jake if he fears an attack could be mounted upon him once he loses his leverage. Correct, Mr. Barron?' she asks turning to Barron. 'you're sacrificing yourself for all of us, for Jake?' Enoch asks. 'Barron travels with a hollow, Enoch, once it gets here we're all dead' I whispered. 'Jake is the only one that can see it' I added. 'she means he's our only hope' Horace spoke up.