Cinq - 5

As we eat, everybody shoots questions at Jake while me and Enoch have a staring competition. 'now now Olive, what did we discuss about asking questions?' Miss Peregrine said, turning our attention to Miss Peregrine. 'we don't discuss the future' she said 'we enjoy living here in the present' she added. Miss Peregrine turns to Claire, who hasn't touched her food. 'Claire, why aren't you eating?' she asked. 'she's embarrassed in front of Jake' Hugh explained. 'don't be' Jake said. Claire looked at Miss Peregrine, who winked at her. Claire took her chicken leg and put it behind her head for her to eat. I looked at Jake, who tried not to look uncomfortable. I smiled and looked at my food. 'so Jake, what's your peculiarity?' Olive asked. I looked up at Jake to see his response. 'Oh, I'm not peculiar' he answered. 'And that my friends is why he'll not be staying with us. No matter how hard we try to persuade him' Enoch said. I shook my head as Miss Peregrine spoke up. 'We've spoken about this, Jake is just visiting' she said. 'Do you want to stay Jake?' Olive asks. 'tonight or. . .' he holds as Claire spoke up. 'forever. You can stay forever' she said. 'Why would he if he doesn't have to? He can live out there. Grow older and have a good time instead. He'll leave' Enoch said. I had my focus on Enoch to see where he was going. 'Just like how his grandfather did' he added. I kicked Enoch's leg underneath the table, earning a hard glare from him. Emma slammed her cutlery on the table and left the table, clearly angry at Enoch's words. 'Emma' Miss Peregrine called as Millard walked in. 'Enoch that wasn't very nice' Miss Peregrine turned to Enoch. I looked at Miss Peregrine to see if I could go and see if she was okay, she nodded as an answer. I nodded and got up from my seat. I walked past Enoch and slapped the back of his head, earning a glare this time from him.

I walk upstairs and head for Emma's room

I walk upstairs and head for Emma's room. I knock on the door and hear a faint 'go away' from Emma. 'Emma it's me, Ayanna' I said, pressing my ear against the door. I don't hear anything, so I walk in. I see her sitting on her bed as she quickly wipes her face. 'hey do you want to talk about it?' I asked sitting beside her. 'Enoch is just predictable, how do you deal with it?' she asked. I laughed a little. 'Enoch does know how to get under everyone's skin' I said. 'but you have it worse' she pointed out. 'yes I do' I said laughing. 'you know what I think Ayanna?' she said 'what?' I said, looking at her. 'I think he likes you' she said. 'Enoch?' I asked. 'yes Enoch' she said. 'I don't think that's how love works, it doesn't sound like the ones in the book that Miss Peregrine buys' I said, shaking my head. 'Well love takes it into different turns, you'll never know what turn it would take' she said. I shook my head and smiled. 'let's head down stairs for movie night' I said getting up from her bed.

As Emma and I walk downstairs, we already smell hot chocolate from the kitchen. We look at each other and laugh. We head towards the kitchen to grab our hot chocolates and then to movie room. Emma sits next to Jake as I sit next to Enoch. 'your one has extra marshmallows Jake' Millard said, handing Jake his cup. 'Millard, put some pyjamas on' Emma said rolling her eyes. 'it's too hot in here' he said as he squeezed his way to sit next to Emma. 'stop moaning' Horace said as he put the projector on his eye. He began to project his dream in the wall in front. 

He started to dream about his clothes and then it took a dark turn. Mr Barron and his friends were sitting in his experimental room, full of cages and ymbrines. 'who's that Miss Peregrine? Do you know her?' Fiona asked. 'don't be silly. Horace just had a bad dream' Hugh said. Horace's dream changed again only to have two figures standing in the dark. The two figures were soon realised as Enoch and me.

 The two figures were soon realised as Enoch and me