Force

5 Days has passed by... and I was participating on a training camp for newly hired soldiers at the Council Fields.

I guess some of you are asking, "Why did he wanted to become a soldier all of the sudden?". Well, I'm a type of guy that accepts reality and does anything to stay alive.

Looking at the townspeople back then, I immediately realized that they are struggling to stay alive in this world, and yet they find themselves caught up in a battle.

That is why I need to do everything I can to survive something from this new environment.

***
(Midnight)

Us soldiers are well funded by the royal family, for we risk our lives to save people, and to defend the land. With that said, we are assigned to sleep in a huge mansion, all for ourselves.

My room is right across the corridor.

I opened my room so I finally get some goodnight sleep.

"Welcome back, Ash" said Lily with a smile.

Oh yeah, I forgot that she also joined.

"What are you doing here. You got your own room next door, you know" I said.

"Well, let's just say that I want you to be my roommate" She replied.

Sometimes, I don't quite get this girl.

"Fine, suit yourself" I said as I head towards my bed to lie down.

She was so happy that she was jumping aroumd like a little kid.

And so, I fell asleep despite her being so noisy.

***

I saw someone... crying over a corpse of a person. The person crying is holding something...

It's too blurry.... I can't see what it is..

I suddenly woke up. And I was full of questions...

I look beside me, and I saw Lily using my hand as a pillow.

I looked outside, and it's already morning.

I get out of bed and did all my daily routine.

***

Today I got a day off. So I decided to go to the field to think about stuff.

As I headed to the field, I saw Cole, training there all alone.

"I guess you don't even have a day off" I said.

He laughed and said, "I guess having a day off is quite not my style".

I sat in the bench, while he is just continuing on doing his training.

"We got our first mission" said Cole.

"What is it?" I replied.

"We're going to face against rogue mages in the far east starting tomorrow" he answered.

"I guess even newbies like me who isn't even an official soldier can be assigned to this sort of tasks" I said.

"Think of it as an entrance exam, but it is between life and death" he said.

I looked up in the sky.

"I guess this is how cruel this world can be" I said.

"Can I tell you something?" Said Cole.

"What is it?" I answered.

***

The next day, we headed towards the far east. And finally, the battle against rogue mages began.

I was a shielder, and my sole purpose is to stand in the frontlines to shield my commrades against enwmy attacks. Lily is also a shielder like me.

Our enemies are simultaniously attacking our group with their magic.

We can't even get into offense position. Plus, our platoon commander, Cole, is injured and can't fight.

All of us shielders are pretty much doing all we can to protect our group.

"I-I don't wanna die! I quit!" Said one of our attackers.

I was triggered on what he just said so I immediately grabbed his shirt and punched him in the face.

"If you don't wanna die, Fight!" I said with an angry tone in my voice.

"You're crazy! They already killed half of our army. And worst of all, they are all our attackers! If you think you're so good, then you attack!" He threw his sword and ran towards the opposite direction.

"Ash!" Said Lily.

I looked behind me and I saw that the enemy was just buying some time, and was enchanting an explosion spell.

"Run!!" I yelled. And the rest quickly followed my order.

As everyone runs, I noticed that Lily was nowhere to be found. I immediately turned back and I saw her helplessly crawling towards me.

"Hang on!" I yelled as I run towards her.

When I finally reached her, she was crying once again.

"Go on without me..." she said.

I was surprised on what she just said.

"I twisted my ankle. Go before they finish their enchant" she said.

"There is no possible way for me to let you go. I'll never leave you behind" I said.

She suddenly kissed me and said, "That is why... I loved you".

What she said suddenly shocked me, and it gave me hope...

I quickly grabbed the sword as I stood up.

"I'm not gonna let you die here.." I said.

I immediately dashed towards the enemy with courage.

I closed my eyes and thought that this might really be the end of me.

As I open my eyes. They started attacking me, and I was bruissed and scarred.

But, as long as I am alive, I can still fight.

Moments later...

I killed all of them with a sword. I can't believe my eyes that I survived such a feat. But I passed out after all of that...

I guess, joining this imperial force was such a terrible decision... but because of it, I found out what Lily truly feels about me.

To be continued...