Preparation

Ace and the others prepares for their search and possibly their encounter with the four horsemen.

***

Ace was standing at the balcony, looking at the sky.

Julie: So, I guess you have a lot of things going on on your mind at times like these.

Ace: I guess you can say that..

Julie: Can I join you?

Ace: Sure, why not.

Julie stood besides Ace.

Julie: You know.... it's already been a year since we first met that day on the demon's forest.

Ace: Now that you mentioned it, you're right..

Julie smiles.

Julie: We've been through a lot.

Ace: Indeed.

They both looked at the sky and had thoughts on what happened in that year.

Julie suddenly remembered, that she was alone with Ace right now.

Her heart suddenly beats faster.

Julie: I also remembered... that I like Ace.. should I tell him that..? Should I finally tell him what I feel?

Ace: Hmm? Julie, are you alright?

Julie: N-Nothing.

Ace: I see... Well, I'll be heading inside now.

Julie: O-Ok..

Ace heads inside of the base.

Julie: Wait, Ace.

Ace stopped and looked at Julie.

Ace: What is it, Julie?

Julie points at him.

Julie: Don't forget about me one day, okay?

Ace: I don't why you're saying that out of the blue, but sure, I will not forget about anyone.

Julie: *smiles* I'm glad to hear that.....

Ace continues on.

Julie: I guess I'll just hold onto these feelings, for now...

***

Meanwhile...

Zaldo was meditating in the training room.

While he was meditating, he suddenly had a vision, where Ace was back on being the monster he was back then, and he was dominating the battlefield leaving no friend nor foe.

Zaldo suddenly stopped and was confused.

Ash, who was also meditating with him was disturbed.

Ash: Something wrong?

Zaldo: I had a vision.

Ash: Can you tell me what's it all about? If it's something private, then don't.

Zaldo stood up and drank a glass of water.

Zaldo: I saw dead bodies in the battlefield, all of us was there and also the horsemen.

Ash: It's probably nothing.

Zaldo: I saw Ace, who was back to being that monster and he killed all of us in the battlefiel--

Ash: Zaldo!

Zaldo was speechless.

Ash: Don't be so stressed about it.. I know that Ace won't turn back into that hideous thing..
Because I trust him.

***

At the meeting room.

Hansel: 5 minutes left to rest and we'll leave to the floating island huh...

Azumi: We'll do whatever it takes to prevent the horsemen to take those books.

Hansel: In 5 minutes, the floating island will be above the continent and we'll have a passage to the city.

Gale: Good thing that the island is not approachable unless it is above a continent.

Blue: I agree, after 5 minutes, it's gonna be a race against time.

Ace and the others began to assemble in the meeting room.

Azumi: It's about damn time.

5...

4...

3...

2...

Ace: Let's do this!!

1..

They were all transfered to the floating island, and finally... the fight for the books is about to begin..

To be continued on Book 2..

(Update)
Book 2: https://my.w.tt/WWsXRDiFZO

NOTE:
This book is currently in "Beta" so anybody or somebody might find some grammatical errors. In the future update, I'll fix all of those errors and might change some scenes in the process.