Let the Games begin!

The day has finally arrived where the Mystic games is about to begin!

???: Are you ready?!!

Everyone at the coliseum cheered louder. The coliseum was filled with people.

???: I'm Jack, and I'm your host for today's games. It's time to meet all of the contestants!

Every guild team stepped out and everyone in the coliseum cheered once more.

Teams:
Berserkers
Red Raiders
Heaven's pawn
Pixies Scales.

Ace: Looks like, those are the only guild participating this year.

Jack: Now, it's time for the all time champion guild's master, Zero, to say a few words.

The guild master of Berserkers walks up into the stage.

Ace: So the Berserkers' master is also a girl.

The master of Berserkers and Juniper looked into each other in the eye.

Zero grinned as she grabbed the mic.

Zero: This year, I intend on winning again. I humbly enjoy this games, not to mention, that this year I have a worthy competitor. So seat back, relax, and enjoy the games.

Zero gave the mic back to Jack and went down from the stage.

Zero walk through Ace's team and stopped beside Juniper.

Zero: You just made the wrong choice, Juniper.

Juniper was silent. Zero continued on walking and head back to her guild team.

Ace: What was that all about?

Juniper: It's nothing important. Just focus on the game at hand.

Jack: Now, It's time for the first day of the games to begin with the first event! The Running event: Obstacle course!

Ace: Looks like your up. Good luck.

Max: Thanks. I'll do my best out there.

Jack: Before we begin, let me first tell the objective of the three games. In the Running and Intelligence events, the winning guild team will receive 25 points in each of those. And in the Combat Event, the winning team will receive 50 points, which is an overall total of 100 points! So, may the best guild wins!

Members participating:
Max- Pixies Scale
Vine- Heaven's Pawn
Russel- Red Raiders
Gust- Berserkers.

Jack: In this first event, the obstacle course will be held inside of a magic marble.

The monitor shows the entire look of the obstacle course.

Max: Hmm...? The course is 30 kilometers and from the looks of it, it doesn't have any obstacle at all.

Jack: That's where you're wrong, my boy. The obstacle is of course.... all four of you.

Max: Then that means..?!

Jack: That's right! You'll have to use your magic to prevent the other team to make it to the finish line first.

Vine: Interesting...

Jack: Now! Is everyone ready?!

The crowd goes wild in excitement.

Max and the other competitors are in running position.

3..

2...

1....

Go!

Max and the others ran as fast as they can and went inside the portal. But still they are being monitored on screen.

Max: Alright!

Max dashes straight on leaving the others behind.

Ace: Alright! Max is taking the lead!

Julie: He can do this!

Hansel: Let's not get our hopes up yet...

Ezra: He's right.. we don't know what the enemy has in stored.

Juniper was silent.

***

Max: I can win this! We've already cross 3 kilometers and I can still go!

???: That's where you're wrong.

Suddenly, someone jumped over Max.

It was Gust, from the Berserkers. He is inside a golem and is running way ahead of Max.

On the other hand, Vine was being lifted by the forest roots and is catching up to Gust. While Russel is hovering through the land like it was skiing through Ice.

And suddenly, Max was left behind.

Max: What just happened?!

To be continued...