Chapter 5

"You're just a man whore!"

"I never slept with her."

"Don't lie to me. I know you did."

"How can you even say that."

Alec and Hanna have been going back and forth like this for the past hour. I took them to the park where they could talk, or yell, out their problems.

"It was an accident!" He screams after a few more minutes of them arguing. Hanna and I gasp in shock and disbelief.

"An accident? How do you accidentally have sex with someone." She whispers with tears welling in her once vibrant blue eyes.

Alec's eyes turn dark, like he's reliving the events. "I felt like you weren't fully in the relationship anymore. Ky and I had a plan to wow you but that didn't work. That night I asked you to go to dinner with me and you said no."

"I told you I had a family thing." Hanna interjected.

"It semmed like you were just blowing me off. We'd only gone out three times in the past month. And one of them was to see what was going on with Kyle." He threw back at her.

"I wasn't blowing you off. I just had things going on."

"Things that you couldn't tell me about? If you had talked to me none of this would have happened."

Hanna's eyes grow wide. "Don't you dare think you can blame your having sex with another girl on me." There was venom in her voice especially as when she spat out sex.

"If you'd let me finish explaining then maybe you'd see."

"Explain to me how you thought sleeping with someone was a justifiable act."

"Like I was saying," He begins again ignoring Hanna's previous comment. "that night when you said no to dinner, I went to a party with a guy from science class. I got there and the music was blaring, people were already passed out on the lawn and empty cups littered the ground."

"I wanted to just get drunk and forget that I was losing you. So I did. I took shot after shot and drank as much as I could. And before I knew it I was in bed with some girl. I only remember bits and pieces of the night. I know I was dancing with someone. Then I remember walking into the room but that's it. You have to believe me Hans. It meant nothing to me. I swear. It's you that I love. No one else. Ever."

"If that was true then you wouldn't have slept with her." She says and tears glide down her pale face. She stands from the bench that we are on and walks away without another word.

"Oh my gosh Ky. What do I do?" He asks exasperated.

"Do you love her?"

"More than anything."

"Then go."

A pause, "You're right. Thanks Ky." Alec jumped up and ran off in the direction of Hanna.

That conversation got me thinking. If I want to be with Matt then I can't just sit around and wait for to happen. I have to take action.

I run to my car, start it up, and just sit there. Am I crazy for going after a man that I barely know, a man that's my teacher?

I don't care. My heart pounds and my stomach flutters like a teenage girl when around him. I can't sleep at night when I know he's there but isn't mine. I'd do anything to bring him back into my life.

That settles it. I put the car in drive and start for his apartment.

When I get there, his car isn't in the lot. That won't stop me. I walk into the apartment and to the elevator. The seemingly endless hall to his door tries to change my mind. I'm not leaving until I talk to him.