Chapter 9

I'm sitting in Matt's living room waiting for him to bring me coffee. A smile creeps on my face as I think of how much my life has changed because I ended up in this apartment after the movie.

"Hey. Here's your coffee." He says handing me the cup. "How are you feeling now?" I told him that I had the flu or something because I didn't want to tell him the truth about what really happened last night.

"I still feel like I've been hit by a truck. Or maybe I was shot. Whichever is worse."

"Maybe you should just rest."

"No, I came here because you had something to tell me."

"What I have to tell you can wait until later. Your health can't."

"I'm fine, just tell me."

He ignores my protests and lifts me in his arms and starts walking away.

"Put me down! I'm not a doll Matt. You can't just pick me up and move me whenever you feel like it."

"Okay." He says simply as I feel myself being lowered until my back is on his mattress. "Look, just go to sleep. I'll wake you up in a bit and I'll then I'll tell you everything. I'll even stay here while you sleep." He walks around to the other side of the bed and lies next to me. He pulls the blanket over me as if to tell me that I have no choice.

"One hour," I say firmly agreeing to go to sleep, "then you have to wake me up and tell me."

"One hour. Now goodnight." He says with a smile on his face.

*******

That hour of sleep was great. My hangover is gone. I stretch my arms and roll over to the other side of the bed. I was expecting to hit Matt but I rolled to the edge. The bed's empty. He said he'd stay. I sit up and look around the room. He's not here and his bathroom door is open so he's not in there. I get up to see if he's in the living room or the kitchen, and he's not there either. He left me here and didn't say anything.

What do you do when you wake up alone in someone else's apartment? Should I leave? Would it be weird if I stayed?

No I'm not leaving. I came here because he called me. If he wanted me to leave he would have said so.

I walk back into his bedroom and get back in the bed. Then I hear the front door open followed by footsteps heading toward to room.

Matt walks through the doorway and looks at me surprised. "I thought you'd still be asleep."

"Nope. I'm awake."

"Well I went to get you some food while you were asleep because I didn't know if you had eaten anything today. I g-" A smile spread across my face at his words. Here I was thinking that he had left me because he didn't care when he was really just going to get me food.

"I know that chicken noodle soup is supposed to be good when you're sick but I also know how much you like broccoli and cheese soup so that's what I got you." He puts the warm bowl of Panera soup down on my lap along with a bottle of orange juice.

"I, uh, thanks Matt."

"You're welcome." He says, hopping on the bed to sit next to me.

I take the top off the to go bowl of soup and start to eat it. This is the best soup ever. "Wait. You said that you'd tell me when I woke up. I'm awake, now tell me?"

"Finish eating first."

"No! Tell me now." I demand.

"How are you feeling?"

Write to Me (bl) Student/TeacherOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara