Epilogue

*1 Year Later*

"I can finally relax. Exams are over!" Hanna sighs as we walk out of our math class.

"They are for you, but I have to be here until the end of the week." I complain, even though it's already Wednesday.

"You'll be fine. Listen, I have to go find Alec. I'll call you later." Hanna says and runs off.

Junior year has gone by so quickly. It was also great for Matt and I. Now that Matt isn't my teacher, I don't see him every day in class. It has its pros and cons. On one hand, I don't have to worry about missing lectures because I'm picturing him naked all the time, but on the other, I don't get to watch him teach. There's just something sexy about seeing him working and loving it.

I pass Mia's old locker that is now inhabited by a freshman boy. Mia graduated four months after I won the writing competition. She's now off in California at college with one of her closest friends.

I make my way to Matt's classroom and see him sitting behind his desk looking at some papers. Looking back at the hall, I make sure no one is around and close his door. He's so wrapped up in his work that he doesn't notice me walk behind him. I wrap my arms around his neck from behind and kiss him on the side of his head.

He visibly jumps in his seat saying, "I'm in a relationship!" I stare blankly at him for a few seconds then laugh at his absurd reaction. "Oh it's you." He says, realizing that it's only me.

"How was your day? You seem jumpy." I state the obvious.

"Crazy, just crazy. You wouldn't believe some of these people." His voice raises with each word and I can tell that he's seriously annoyed.

"Why don't you tell me about it on our way home?" I ask, trying to take his attention away from his work in hopes of calming him down.

He smiles slightly. "I like the sound of that, but it's Wednesday. You have to be at home with your parents."

My eyes lock on the shiny metal band on my finger. Matt had given me a ring as a promise to spend the rest of his life loving me. As for my parents, they continue to support me in my relationship with Matt, but they still won't let me live with him. I get it though. I'm still only seventeen. They let me spend a couple days with him during the week and have me at home on others.

I huff in annoyance. "Then I'll settle for dinner."

"You'll always settle for dinner." Matt replies with a small laugh. "But let's go. I can't grade anymore papers."

He packs up his papers and we leave the school. On the ride home Matt explains why he was in such a bad mood. In one of his morning classes one of his students made him feel really uncomfortable. Then in another class, the people can't write to save their lives.

My phone buzzes and I pull it out of my pocket.

"Hey Jake. What's up?"

"I'm here with Tanner and we were wondering if you guys had plans tonight?" He asks giggling. If I don't respond within the next ten seconds, who knows what they'll be doing. Those guys are always...well let's just say you can't take them anywhere.

"We were just going home for dinner. You guys are welcome to come over." I say looking over at Matt to see his reaction. His face is blank but when he looks at me, I can see that he needs people.

"What's for dinner?" I hear Tanner yell in the background.

I can't help but laugh at the two of them. They're perfect for each other. Jake brings Tanner down to a reasonable level but he's also wild enough to be with Tanner. "I'm not sure. I was thinking some sort of pasta."