Chapter 11

"We need to talk." He says.

"About this, about everything." I agree.

I walk back to the bed and sit with my legs crossed facing him. I take the silence as an opportunity to get a good look at him. I can see that this is really affecting him. He looks frustrated and exhausted, like this has taken such a toll on him.

"Maybe we should just call it quits for real. It clearly isn't working. You can't handle being with me and neither of us can really take the risk of being caught. It just won't work."

"But you said-"

"I know what I said, and I was wrong for it. I was wrong for saying that you had to take time to think about it when we both know that it wouldn't work. I guess I just secretly hoped you'd be able to change your mind."

"Kyle-"

"I was really stupid to think that. I don't know what I was thinking. Because what relationship would last if it started off with lies?"

"But-"

"I know that it wasn't a normal lie. But I didn't correct you when you thought I was an adult. I didn't tell you that I was in high school. I let you believe what you wanted so you would like me."

"Can you-"

"I'm sorry I lied to you. I'm sorry that I wasted your t-"

"Kyle shut up!" He whisper yells, taking my face in his hands to make me look in his eyes. "I refuse to give up on this. I am willing to do whatever it takes to make this work. Us, we are the best thing ever. We may not be normal but we are good together. I know it'll be difficult but I know we can do this. We can make this work. We just have to try. It's not going to be easy but we have to try."

I sit silently with my head in his hands and listen. My heart beats faster as he talks and I don't know whether I want to cry or scream in joy. His words sink into my head. He wants to be with me. The real me, not the 20 something year old me.

"Can we try?"

I nod my head ferociously making him laugh. He closes the distance between us and our lips meet. This kiss is unlike any other. It's slow yet passionate. Like everything we couldn't say is being put in this kiss.

All of a sudden I pushed him away. "Are you sure you want this?"

"More than anything in the world."