Chapter 10

After waking up wrapped in Matt's arms again, I can't wait until I get to meet the parents. Matt prepped me on the basics of his family. All I need to do is pretend to be the loving boyfriend of Matthew, which won't be hard considering the fact that he's making me go crazy. I'm falling for him more and more each day.

Matt wants to make this as convincing as possible so he asked me to pack a bag full of clothes so I could move them to his apartment. I told my parents when Matt dropped me off yesterday that I'd be staying at a friend's house for a few days.

I grab my bags and head to my car. I have to be back to put my stuff away before Matt's family gets there. I sing along to the radio as I drive down the road. The trees glide past my vision relaxing the nerves inside. I know that we're just faking it, but part of this is real. If Matt and I do decide to be together later on, I wont be able to redo meeting his family.

I unlock the door with the key Matt gave me this morning and put my clothes in the closet and stash the bag out of sight. I check the time and I still have some time left so I decide to take a shower.

"Ky, we're back from the airport." I hear over the sound of the faucet.

Quickly, I turn the water off and rush out of the bathroom. I wrap the towel around my waist and walk to the closet.

"Hey Kyle - oh sorry..." My head snaps around to see him looking at me with wide eyes that are lingering.

"Uh, hi?" I say almost questioningly.

"Oh, um, hi."

I chuckle. "Yes Matt, I'm naked under this towel. Chill."

I continue to get ready while Matt just stands there still looking like a stone. After I'm dressed I walk in front of him and wave my hands in his face. "Matt? Matt? Matt it's go time! Operation Meet the Parents and Make Them Love Me is a go!"

That snaps him out of his Kyle induced coma. "Right."

I shake my head and grab his hand. "Let's go."

I hope we can pull this off. He squeezes my hand slightly as if he heard my thoughts.

"You said that out loud." He whispers in my ear and I feel the heat on my face.

"Family," Matt announces, "this is Kyle."

They all chorus a hello and go back to what they were doing, except for Matt's brother, whose eyes seem to be following me wherever I move. It's starting to freak me out. I grab Matt's hand and pull him into the kitchen.

"I can't do this." I say flustered.

"What? Why?"

"Your brother was staring at me. He knows. It's been five minutes and he already knows that we aren't together. I can't do this. I'm freaking out."

"Oh that's just Mike. He does that when he first meets people, especially the one's that are important." He explains. "Don't worry. No one is going to know."

"But what if they do find out? I'm not a good actor Matt. You should see me in charades. I'm terrible. No one could guess that I was Noah from the ark. You should have seen their faces. They had no idea what was going on and-"

Matt stops my rant by crashing his lips into mine. My breath catches in my throat and I think my heart stops. After the shock wares off, I begin to kiss him back. My arms wrap around his neck pulling him closer to me as he trails his hands down my back. His hands reach my butt and I gasp. He takes that moment as an opportunity to enter his tongue into my mouth.

Our tongues dance together and my hands roam his body. He grabs me by my hips and pushes me into the counter behind me. In one swift motion, Matt lifts me on top of the counter. My legs wrap around his waist. A small moan escapes from Matt and I just about lose it.