Chapter 13

Sorry for the lateness of this. I'm really not good at writing frequently. But here's another chapter. I tried to make it a bit long for you guys. I hope you enjoy. Give me feedback on how you guys think it's going.

"Matt, what's the answer to number 4?" I whine.

"I'm not telling you. Keep trying. You'll get it."

"I've already tried four times. I even skipped it and did all of my other homework. Please? Why won't you just tell me?"

"I'm a teacher Kyle. I can't just give you the answers."

"But this isn't even your work. It's math. Everyone hates math!"

"That's the reason I'm an English teacher." I give him a frustrated look. "The point is that I'm not giving you the answer."

"But you're my boyfriend. You're supposed to help me with these things."

"No. I'm your boyfriend and I'm supposed to cook for you and make sure you don't die. I'm not supposed to do your homework."

"But you should. I thought dating a teacher would make school easier not harder."

"Well that's where you thought wrong."

"Whatever, I quit. I'll ask someone in the morning." I close my books and go back to watching Matt cook dinner. "What are you making anyway? You never told me."

"It's a surprise."

"Fine."

A few minutes pass and Matt's ringtone fills the room.

"Will you get that Ky?"

"Yep." I grab his phone from the counter. "Hello?" I look at the phone and Tanner's name is at the top of the screen.

"Kyle?" He question.

"Yeah it's me. How are you? How was Denver?"

Tanner left for Denver back in October. He's some high-level business person or something. He gets paid a lot of money to travel all over the world and have fun. Well, I guess it can get stressful but it still sounds fun.

"Denver was exciting and boring at the same time. I had fun exploring the city but working is never fun."

"Well I'd love to hear more about it. You should come over for dinner."

"No, I don't want to impose."

"It would be the opposite of an imposition Tanner. Matt hasn't seen you in such a long time. He really misses you. So come over, have dinner, and hang out with us."

"Well okay."

"See you in a bit."

"I hope you have enough for a third person." I tell Matt.

"Why? You can't be that hungry."

"Not for me. Tanner is coming over."

I was expecting a surprised look but I was graced with a confused glare.

"Why?"

"Tanner's been gone since October! It's been months since you've seen him."

"But tonight's date night." He says sadly.

"Matt, every night is date night. I'm practically here everyday. And when I'm not, I see you in school. Tanner isn't always here. He's probably going on some big Tokyo trip in a few weeks. So you should spend the time with him."

"But I really wanted to spend tonight with you."

I walk over to his grumpy frame and grab his face. "I'm right here. I'm not going anywhere. You can spend any night with me. I'm not going anywhere."