Chapter 11

Waiting for the Hogsmeade weekend felt like forever, but finally the day came when I pulled on my turquoise jumper and fastened my winter cloak around my neck before heading down to meet Scorpius.

He smiled as I came down the Entrance Hall steps to stand in front of him.

"Morning," he said lightly. "I see you've wrapped up warm."

"See you haven't," I replied, looking at his leather jacket that was obviously going to be useless at keeping him warm.

"Rose, please, it's only October. It's not like its minus two degrees, is it?"

"Don't say I didn't warn you," I said.

Scorpius scoffed as we joined the back of the line of students waiting to leave.

"Weasley, Malfoy," Filch nodded, checking us off his list and allowing us to leave the grounds.

The weather was colder than usual and a thin layer of ice covered the streets. Scorpius was soon freezing and his teeth chattering.

"Okay where do you want to go?" he asked through clenched teeth.

"I think the first stop is Gladrag's Wizardwear, don't you? You need to get something warm to wear."

Scorpius nodded gratefully as we continued down the high-street and stopped outside the Hogsmeade robes shop. Frost and ice had accumulated around the edges of the window panes. That, combined with the rippled glass at the center of each pane, made it impossible to see into the shop. Regardless, Scorpius wrenched the door open and sent the bell hanging over it into a frenzy. The second he was in the shop, he sighed in relief as warm air wrapped around him.

"That's heavenly," he muttered.

Rolling my eyes, I followed him in and shut the door, careful to watch its hinges.

"Right, warm clothes and then your new dress robes," I said, moving away to inspect an array of woolly jumpers. "How about this one?"

Scorpius looked my way at the forest green jumper before turning his nose up. "Seriously? I'm not a tree, Rose."

"Right...so green's definitely not an option then?"

"No, it looks ridiculous on me," Scorpius asserted, oblivious to my restrained laughter. It was an unusual experience for me. James, Al, Hugh, Fred - none of them cared about what they were wearing and most likely threw on clothes that hadn't been washed in two weeks and stank to high-heaven.

"No green. Got it."

Scorpius nodded and returned to his own search on the opposite side of the shop.

"How's blue?" I called, turning around to find Scorpius had disappeared.

I waited for him to answer, my hands on my hips as I swivelled pointlessly on my heels with pursed lips.

"Scor?"

There was still no reply. My foot impatiently tapped on the floor while I waited for Scorpius to return from the back room - where I was sure he had gone.

I cried out in shock when his arms seized me from behind and lifted me into the air, his defined chest pressing into my back. I didn't know when Scorpius had gotten so strong, but I was impressed.

"You scared the life out of me!" I scolded.

Scorpius was too busy laughing into my hair to apologize, not that he would have done so anyway.

Once he put me down I swatted his arm. Renewed laughter spilled forth, and I even thought I caught him wiping a tear from his eye.

"That wasn't funny."