Chapter 16

Sorry I haven't been able to update!!! I went camping and there was no Wi-Fi now I know what your thinking, what kind of low life would waste camping on a phone? Well this why, it rained the whole time, UGGGGHHH. So please don't kidnap me when I am sleeping and push me down a hole.
⛺️⛺️⛺️⛺️⛺️⛺️⛺️⛺️⛺️
Dear Rose,

Wishing you a merry Christmas with your family. I know you'll be sick of all the Celestina Warbeck by now, so I researched what is going to be on the other radio channels - why not try 98.76?

If I know you, and I think I do, you're probably wondering how I managed to buy you a gift at such short notice, and why I obviously spent so much money on you. The truth is I've had this necklace for a while and it didn't cost me a thing, so put your mind at rest.

My great, great grandfather gave it to his wife for their tenth anniversary, though where he got it, I don't know. When she passed away, it was passed down to my grandfather to give to his love, though in his youth he didn't yet have anyone to give it to. Nor do I believe he would have been so sentimental. Instead, he hid it in the attic, stuffed in a box of his school things. During the holidays two years ago, my own father made me sort through everything in the attic after I accidentally broke a family wand. I found it and kept it. After all, my family are hardly going to miss it when they forgot all about it.

I've intended to give it to you for quite some time now. It is a priceless beauty, just as you are, and I want you to have it.

So, make sure you have a very good Christmas. Don't murder Hugo - or anyone else for that matter - and I'll see you on the Hogwarts Express on the 3rd.

Love,

Scorpius

I smiled at his sweet words and looked down at the necklace once more. He really did spoil me.

"Rose?" Mum asked, looking up at me.

While I'd been unwrapping Scorpius' present and reading his letter, the rest of my family had finished with their presents and were in confusion as to why there was still a large pile of unopened presents and who they belonged to.

"Sorry," I replied breezily, offering a simple sentence as an explanation, "Late present from someone at school."

She nodded and caught sight of the necklace around my neck, gasping at its shining beauty.

"Your boyfriend?"

"Erm...yeah."

Her eyes widened, and I was sure she was trying to work out how much it must have cost.

Lily looked up and her eyes zoomed in on the silver metal around my neck.

"He must really love you," Lily murmured, looking at me apologetically.

I frowned slightly, wondering how she had changed her opinion of my relationship with Scorpius so quickly.

"I guess he does."

Dad looked up, turned red and looked back down, trying to stay calm. His hands shook with the effort of it.

"Aren't you going to open my present, sis?" Hugo asked, breaking the tension in the room as we all waiting to see if Dad would have an outburst.

I smiled gratefully at him and sank to the floor next to my pile of gifts, each a different shape and wrapped in different paper. Picking up the one with the worst wrapping and yards of tape attached to it, I tore into Hugo's present and found a new bookend, a and a new quill.

"Thanks, Hugo," I laughed, thinking about how my shelves of books were overflowing again. Dad was forever putting new shelves up in my room. He'd put a new one up the week before the end of term and moved a few of my books around, but they were falling over with nothing to keep them upright. The trouble was I was a hoarder. I never threw books away because of the off-chance that I might need them again or want to reread them in a few years.