Chapter 29

Scorpius was true to his word and he travelled back to his house once the party had finished, not before he'd slipped a quick note into my palm though. I had to wait until I could get to my room to read it though. And even then, that took another half hour because we had to say goodbye to our numerous relatives.

"See you on the train," I said to James, Al and Lily and Mum and Dad hugged Uncle Harry and Aunt Ginny goodbye.

They nodded and one by one walked out to their car.

"See you Rose, Hugo," Uncle Harry called, backing out of the drive way and waving.

I smiled and waved back at him before sprinting up the stairs, shouting night down to my parents.

I was out of breath by the time I'd shut my bedroom door behind me and unfolded the piece of parchment.

Written on it were two words.

Happy Easter

Rolling my eyes at the waste of parchment, I turned it over and reused it, writing 'Happy Easter to you too! Love, Rose' in as neat writing as I could manage.

Dashing across the hall, I knocked on Hugo's door, feeling a sense of deja vu from earlier in the day, and asked if I could borrow his screech owl, Feathers.

"Depends," Hugo replied. "Is it a long journey? 'Cause you know he's still suffering from that sore on one of his wing joints-"

"It's not far at all, Hugo, I promise."

"Alright, just make sure you feed him when he gets back," Hugo instructed, packing some of his birthday presents into his trunk.

"You're packing? We've only been home one day, Hugh! We've still got two weeks off," I said, frowning slightly.

"Didn't I tell you? I'm staying at Jasper's until we go back to school. We've got that History of Magic project to work on together-"

"-Jasper? Why aren't you working with Lorcan and Lysander? They're your best friends," I said, butting in.

"Because we were partnered up and I got put with Jasper," he explained.

"Who is this Jasper? Why don't I know him?"

"You do know him, Rose. He's that tall, Hufflepuff boy-"

"-Jasper Radcon?"

"Yeah..."

"He's in your year? I thought he was a fourth year, not a third year!" I exclaimed in shock, picturing again the tall Hufflepuff boy with a flop of sandy hair.

"Nope, he's my age," Hugo answered, turning back around to his packing. The tips of his ears poking through his short hair turned red.

"Hugo...is there something you're not telling me?"

"No," he answered, his voice higher in pitch as he lied.

"You fancy him, don't you?" I asked with excitement. A grin spread over my face and I threw myself down onto his bed.

"No," Hugo insisted, but his response was just a bit too quick.

"You do! You so do!" I exclaimed, bouncing on his bed.

"Alright, I do! How could anyone not?"

"I know, his hair's so perfect," I replied, remembering all the times I'd wanted to run my fingers through it because it looked so soft. It was obvious from looking that Jasper never used any hair products apart from shampoo and conditioner, compared to Scorpius who probably spent at least thirty minutes in the mornings gelling his hair into elaborate quiffs and waves.