Chapter 37

Epilogue;

As usual Kings Cross Station was packed and busy. As we tried to get to the arch between platforms nine and ten, Hugo, Mum, Dad and I were all jostled by the commuters speed-walking through the station. I was looking forward to beginning my Sixth Year at Hogwarts. It promised to be the most exciting year of my life with all the travel I would be doing and the people I would be meeting.

For once we actually arrived on the platform early and after stowing our belongings aboard the train, Hugh and I simply waited for more people to arrive and talk to. Scorpius friend Tim was already there and came to stand and talk with us.

"Have you seen Lucy?" he asked.

"No, she was on Uncle Percy's book tour all summer," I answered, wondering how things were between Tim and Lucy.

"Yeah, I saw her briefly when they came to London. Oh, look, there she is," Tim replied, pointing at the arch where Lucy was just coming through. Uncle Percy followed and they waited for Molly and Aunt Audrey before joining our little group.

"Tim," Uncle Percy nodded.

Lucy grinned and slid her hand into his waiting one.

Looking between them and Uncle Percy, I frowned in confusion. How was he okay with it? Or had he just not noticed that his daughter was holding hands with a boy who wasn't one of her cousins?

I was saved the trouble of asking by my dad, who unthinkingly blurted, "Perce, are you feeling alright?"

"Yes, Ron, I am."

"Then why aren't you having a fit about Luce standing within two metres of a boy?"

"Ronald!" Mum cried, looking apologetically at Percy, Tim and Lucy. "Why can't you think before you speak? Hmm?"

Dad shrugged and turned back to Uncle Percy. "Well?"

"You mean Tim?" Uncle Percy asked.

Dad nodded.

"Well Tim's a polite, considerate boy and I think that perhaps it's time I let Lucy make her own decisions," Uncle Percy said in an undertone, trying to keep the conversation from Lucy and Tim's attention. He needn't have worried as at that moment, Tim kissed Lucy's cheek, making her blush and giggle slightly.

"Good for you, Perce!"

"What's Percy done?" Aunt Ginny asked, surprising us all as we hadn't seen her approach us.

"He's letting Lucy date," Ron told her.

Auntie Ginny looked at Uncle Percy with raised eyebrows as if to say, "Really?"

Uncle Percy nodded.

"How about drinking, Uncle Perce?" James asked. "Is Lucy allowed to do that 'cause I just discovered the best Muggle drink - Tequila!"

Uncle Percy stood there uncomfortably.

"Just kidding - gives you the worst hangover."

Al snickered, probably reminiscing about his brother coming in drunk early one morning and throwing up over something.

"Shut up, Al," James said, shoving his brother to the side. "Look there's Katie, why don't you go bug her?"

Al rolled his eyes, but ambled over to see his girlfriend anyway. No-one was surprised that they were still together. We all thought it was kind of sweet anyway.

"Hey Lily," I greeted as she came to stand next to me. Catching sight of Chris O'Dowd, I asked, "How's Chris? Did you see him this summer?"

"We split up," she replied sadly with a shake of her head. "I really thought he was the one."