Three

October 16th
Jack's pov

15 mins later:
I sunk into my seat, my anxiety eating away at me. Could Finn tell it was me watching? Would he even care if it was? These thoughts pounded in my head seemingly all day-even at lunch I was haunted by them. "Jack, the fuck is wrong with you?" My friend, Wyatt, asks loudly, taking a bite of his sandwich. I look up slowly, my eyes grief stricken and my skin ghostly white.

"Dude, you look dead." My other friend, Jaeden, says with wide eyes. Everyone nods in agreement and Sophia laughs, everyone turning to look at her. "Oh come on, guys, look at him!" She yells, smiling, with no regret. Wyatt shrugs, nodding. "I do kinda see what you mean." Chosen chimes in from the end of the table. "You look so abnormally scared, it's funny."

"I'm not." I say sternly, looking around at their faces that say they don't believe me. "I'm not scared." I repeat, obviously scared. "Okay jackie...." Wyatt's voice trails off. "....whatever you say." Jaeden finishes what Wyatt would have said, sneakily smiling at each other. I furrow my brows and my stomach feels all twisted and sick, making me suddenly feel very angry at them. "Yeah, well, at-at least I'm not a fag like you two!" I yell, immediately regretting what I said. Sophia gasps, and Wyatt stands up angrily. Jaeden looks as if he's going to cry.

"What the hell Jack!" Chosen yells. "Take that back you little fuck!" Wyatt yells, people looking our way. "Jack, that was wrong to say but-" Sophia puts a hand on Wyatt's arm "-let's work it out while still sitting." Sophia whispers the last part, looking around anxiously at the new eyes staring at the scene. I look down at my lap and look back up again. "I'm sorry-I just-" "you just what, Jack? You just what?" Wyatt leans forward in my face, his eyes burning with anger. "Wyatt, it's-its fine..." Jaeden says sadly, his voice small and weak.

"No, it's not, Jae-Jae. Jack-" "I didn't mean to say it!" I yell back, standing up as well. "You still said it!" Wyatt yells back. "It was a dick move, Grazer, and you know it!"

"I already said I'm sorry, what else do you fucking want?" I can see Finn and his cigarette in my head for a split second, but it is slapped out of me as I feel a throbbing pain on my left cheek and I fall to the cold ground. I grab my cheek, looking back up at Wyatt in surprise and hurt. "Wyatt!" Sophia screams, grabbing his arm and holding him back from charging at me again. He grabs Jaeden's hand and storms out of the cafeteria with him.

———-
Hi, this chapter was kinda short lol but that's because chapter 4 is probably gonna be hella long yikes. I hope you guys are liking this story (rip)