Seventeen

Jack

I followed safely behind Sophia as Wyatt leads the way. "We're not far now." Sophia whispered to me under her breath, squeezing my hand reassuringly. Honestly, I think I'd be losing my shit if Sophia wasn't here.

"W-will he be upset with me?" I whispered back, looking down at my feet as we walk. Sophia looks at me, frowning. "Why would he be?" I look up and shrug. "He knows that I was going to let you guys come to the room. I was supposed to be letting him rest."

"Jack, it'll be fine." I wasn't convinced. The sides of the mountain area were tall and rigid and I traced my hand along them. "Soph?" My small voice spoke up again. Sophia, slightly unfocused, replied with a trailed off, "...yeah?"

"Is what Finn did really as bad as Wyatt makes it seem?"
She sighed, running a hand through her short hair. "No." That was her short answer but she looked as if she started to think again and shook her head. "Well, that's how Wyatt viewed it." "And how did you view it?"
"I thought it was brave actually." This surprises me, but before I can ask more, she speaks again.

"But stupid....and angry. It-it just wasn't something Finn would do."
"But he did." I say, quietly. "Yes." Sophia replies, sadly.

I know I am not supposed to know what exactly he did yet. The possibilities scare me. The fact that I will know the truth about what happened with his father and what's happening with his step-father is almost too much to handle. But, I love him. That alone is enough to keep me walking.
——

Finn

I moved to the edge of the cliff. My tears slowly dried against my skin as I stared soullessly at Derry, my mouth dry and my eyes vacant of emotion. I looked at a spot on the edge where the rocks were chipped and I flinch at the sight and memory associated with it. "I don't even love you!" I shook my head furiously, looking down at my lap, breathing heavily.

I didn't want to leave my bed the following morning. I knew Noah wasn't okay. The tears came quickly as I saw the images of his father beating him flash in my head, still fresh. I was confused. Here's what I knew: my name was Finn Wolfhard, I'm 15 years old, and I'm-wait no. No, I'm not. I'm not. "Yes, you are." Echoed in the back of my mind, but I pushed it away and dragged my being out of bed.

As I stepped into the school hallway, all eyes were on me. Whispers filled my ears. "I can't believe he did that..", "did you see Noah?...", "Gay..", "The fag knows how to punch..", "is he not sorry?..." I furrowed my brows. I didn't understand what was happening. I looked up hopefully as I saw my friends at my locker, but were met with glares from them. "What the fuck, Finn?" Millie shook her head, her eyes red. "W-what?" I asked cluelessly. "Why would you beat up Noah for kissing you?"

I heard steps behind me and I turned around sharply to see Wyatt, Jack, Sophia, and Jaeden. My eyes filled with new tears, I looked past everyone else and looked straight at jack. He stepped forward slightly and I got up slowly and started walking towards him. I collapsed into his arms, sobbing against his chest. "I'm sorry." I choked, pulling away to look at my feet. He put his hand to my cheek and my eyes met his. He leaned in and kissed my cheek, wiping away a tear.

"Finn. I want one thing." He whispered softly, giving me a small smile. I nodded. "I want you to tell me the truth."
——
Ahhhhh

Are the flashbacks that are italicized making any sense lol? They're kind of following each other, the flashback from last chapter took place the night before the one in this chapter. I hope this is connecting okay for you guys oof (also these flashbacks are from 2 years ago when Finn and Wyatt and everybody were 15)

ALSO

6k!! Thank you!! Also you guys are so active and vote and comment and ashghfgg thank you