Twenty Six

Finn

The sweat was dripping from my forehead, the lights were hot and bright, and the energy was riveting. Ayla was shredding it on the guitar and i smiled wildly at her as the audience got a little louder. i could see the gang off to the side at the front and they were all red and bubbly, a refreshing sight to see. i also saw as Wyatt introduced the rest of "The Loser's" to Millie, Sadie, Gaten, Caleb. Noah had stayed home. He had an eventful day enough and his grandmother would never allow him at one of our shows.

When we finished up the last song, i ran down the side of the stage and picked up Jack, twirling him around in my arms. He giggled and blushed, pulling me close to him. "You we're amazing, Finnie!" He squealed and i laughed, kissing him on the cheek. "Finn! Get your ass back up here!" Malcolm yelled, rolling his eyes and laughing. i managed to escape Jack's embrace and sloppily ran onto the stage again.

i leaned into the mic and yelled, "Thanks to everyone that came out tonight!" i was met with enthusiastic cheers and chanting. i smiled wildly at the crowd, but dropped my smile as i laid eyes on Nicholas Hamilton, an unimpressed expression laying on his sour face. As the rest of the crowd quieted down, Nicholas came forward slightly.

"i for one surprisingly enjoyed the show." He said loudly as people distanced themselves from him, going silent. "However." He turned theatrically and paused, looking around at the slightly frightened expressions of those around him. "i couldn't help, but let up the opportunity of asking some of my burning questions whilst Finn is so generously giving us his presence." He narrowed in on me and came forward again. i glanced to Wyatt who was observing nervously, keeping everyone behind him.

"So, round of applause to Finn Wolfhard, everybody!" Nicholas shouted, letting out a loud, sarcastic clap. "Now, Finn, would you care to answer the burning questions i previously mentioned, and I'm sure everyone here is thinking?" i could feel my face get hot and i squinted through the lights at him. "Why don't you fuck off, Nicholas." His face lit up and he let out a cackling laugh.

"Oh my, Ladies and gentlemen, what a hoot! Observe as he decides to speak up, bruises and all!" My face flushed with embarrassment again and i pull down my sleeves to hide some of the injuries traced on my arms. i hear faint whispers building up from people and i look over at Jack, who looks back with puppy dog eyes.

"Why don't you just keep to yourself and drop it, asshole." But, Nicholas Hamilton never just stepped down, he never let things go. So of course he scoffed again, letting out another loud laugh. He smirked lazily and i began to notice how intoxicated he truly was.

"i don't think i will..." He made a fake frown that morphed into a sickly twisted smirk. "Ah, where to begin?" He rubbed his hands together and let out a sigh. "Shall we start with your step daddy? Is he one who gives you all those battle markings, Little Finnie?" He limped forward, mocking me with a cooing, baby-like voice.

i wrapped my hands into tight fists and bit the inside of my cheek. "Is it true your dad had to leave after you nearly killed him? Found a hot blonde to keep him company and leave your pitiful mother-" And then Wyatt came out of nowhere and pushed him. Everyone gasped and i jumped off the stage, grabbing Wyatt's arm. "Let's go. Now." i said sternly, my eyes wide. Before we could move, Nicholas was up off the floor and spun me around, making me run into a coffee table and hit my chin. i reached a hand up and realized my chin was now bleeding.

People started to hold Nicholas back and i messily got off the floor, standing next to my friends. "Wyatt, let's go." i whispered yelled and we quickly headed towards the door with everyone. We could hear the distant yells of Nicholas trying to desperately get past people to follow us.