Six

October 16th
Jack's pov
——
""Have you not heard about what he did?" There is an odd look of concern on his face...and something else. Fear. "N-no." I replied, my voice cracking. His eyes told a different story than his reputation. "He has a-a bad past-" "Yeah, well no dip, Wyatt. We all know-" "N-no, Jack. You don't understand." Wyatt runs a hand through his hand stressfully, shaking his head. "H-he almost killed a guy, Jack."

My heart stops for a moment. My mind replays what Wyatt says, but the only word it pays attention to is the almost. "B-but he didn't, right? He didn't actually kill the guy?" I scramble for my words, staring deep into Wyatt's eyes. "No, not technically-" "Well then what's the problem?" I shrug, and Wyatt scoffs at me. "What's the problem? Jack, he went ballistic on the guy and nearly beat him to death with a hammer. H-he had to go to a-a center-a rehabilitation center f-for six months, Jack!" Wyatt begins to get louder and I'm finding it harder to plead in Finn's favor.

"Yeah, well, I'm sure it was just like a f-fist fight-who was the guy anyway? Some punk at the Guam?" I scoff back, my face growing red. "It was his father, Jack." Wyatt says, his voice softer this this time. I feel my stomach twisting and my eyes slowing starting to burn with the chance of incoming tears. "Well, his dad was abusive-" "no, his step dad is." Wyatt shakes his head, biting his lip and looking down at the ground. "His dad didn't care about him all that much- m-mocked Finn's guitar and had a love for whiskey and cigarettes but he never touched him-never hurt him like that."

"I-I didn't know." "Well, you do now, Jack. And y-you can't like him. He's dangerous." Wyatt sits down, breathing heavily from the yelling. "He doesn't seem dangerous." "Yeah, well that's what Noah thought." I am immediately confused, and I fail to match any memories or rumors with what Wyatt is saying. How does he know all this anyway? "N-oah?" I shakily say, gulping.

Wyatt looks up, sadness in his eyes. "Noah Schnapp. He trusted Finn. He-" Wyatt rubs his eyes, and sighs. "He loved Finn. And they got into an argument one night over it-Noah tried to kiss him-Finn shoved him off-and," Wyatt pauses and takes a deep breath. "And?" I ask, my heart beating faster. "Punched him square in the jaw, beat him up a little. It-it got bad."
I listen carefully, but I reach my hands up to my lips, and I feel guilty as I began to crave Finn's touch again.

"Why are you touching your lips?" Wyatt looks back up at me, puzzled. "He-he-" I feel the tears start to come and I wince in pain of the words. "Jack..." Wyatt stands up, and tries to grab me into a hug. I swat his hands away, and he looks offended. "He kissed me, Wyatt!" I yell, tears now streaming down my face. I see Wyatt's face go ghostly pale and he advances towards me again. "Jack-" "and I don't regret it, Wyatt!" I yell again, and Wyatt skids to a stop. "But-" "But, I think I'm gay!" I scream now, waving my hands around madly. "Really fucking gay, Wyatt!" I break down slowly, and Wyatt sinks down to the floor, pulling me into his chest. My tears sink into his shirt, and I look up with wet eyes as Jaeden walks in. He looks at me and then at Wyatt, who looks back and says, "babe, our son's not okay..." with his eyes.
—-

This chapter sucked lol but it's okayyyy it was really sad to write tho :(

I'm gonna update again really soon :)

Thanks for reading :)