Twenty Two

Wyatt

i had been following Caleb around all day, and luckily he hadn't noticed yet. Although, he did seem very paranoid. i watched as he would glance behind every so often, quickly looking away and down at his feet. i had been delaying approaching him the entire time, but as i saw him walk into the library i saw my golden opportunity.

i trailed along the shelves slowly, eyeing where Caleb was going. As Caleb was about to turn into another aisle, i popped out in front of him. He froze in his tracks and i saw his dark brown eyes widen. "Hey, Caleb." i said with an awkward smile, shifting my weight to my other leg. He stood silent, still looking absolutely horrified. i didn't remember him being this quiet.

Suddenly, he skid on his heels and tried to bolt the other way. "Wait! Caleb!" i yelled, running up to him and grabbing his backpack to spin him around. "Just leave me the hell alone, Wyatt!" He yelled, receiving glares and people telling him to be quiet. i rolled my eyes and pulled him towards a quieter, unaccompanied corner of the library.

He wiggled in my grip for a moment. "Caleb, stop. Please. Just listen." He glared and stopped moving, but shoved my hands off of him. "Whatever it is, I'm not interested." He said, sighing in annoyance. "i need you and everyone else to get back together." i saw his eyebrows knit together and the confusion on his face before the realization of what i said settled in. "What? No." He stepped back, looking around flabbergasted.

"Hey, look, i know it sounds crazy-" "Of course it sounds crazy! What do you think you're gonna achieve with this?" He started pacing and i looked up at the ceiling, taking a deep breath. Lord, help me before i lose my shit. "Finn wants everyone to fix our problems with each other." His eyes went wide again and he threw his hands in the air, scoffing at me. "Finn?" He scoffed again, breathing heavily. "Finn? Seriously? When the hell did you get a chance to talk to Finn? You should be busy hating him and hanging around your stupid new group of friends." Caleb crossed his arms, shaking his head.

"i know it sounds like a terrible idea, but i need you to help me, Caleb." He shot me a look. This was gonna be a long day.

—-
Jack

"This is gonna go horribly wrong." Finn muttered, gripping my hand a little tighter. "What? Why? Sadie seems like a nice, calm girl and i do like soccer." i smiled, shrugging. Finn shook his head and sighed, "Sadie's nice, but she's anything but calm."

Finn and i slowly crept onto the bleachers of the soccer field and saw Sadie sitting on the sideline, smiling brightly. "She's pretty." i smiled again, but dropped my smile when i saw Finn looking painfully at her. "She's so happy." Finn said quietly, looking away and at the soccer field.

i swallowed hard, sighing and moving closer to Finn. "It'll be fine. Which one is her girlfriend?" As i said that we saw one of the most forceful looking girls on the team completely trample a girl and aggressively score a goal. We both flinched. "That'd be her." Finn's voice trailed off, scratching his head. i watched as she turned around to face her coach, breathing heavily and smirking. She looked scary as hell.

"Let's just-uh-go to Sadie." i whispered nervously to Finn who nodded. We slowly made our way over and as she looked up at us i saw her wide grin drop. i studied as Finn and her stared at each other, both looking slightly afraid. You could feel the tension in the air. Sadie stood up and walked slowly closer to us. "Finn." She bowed her head slightly, looking cautiously at him.

"Sadie." Finn said back, shoving his hands in his pockets. "Why are you here?" Sadie said quietly, looking to me and furrowing her brows. "And who's this?" "T-this is Jack." Finn said, looking at me behind him. "He's my-uh-boyfriend." i blushed and my stomach fluttered. We've never called each other boyfriend before.

Sadie looked disappointed by that and almost upset. "Oh." She murmured. "i guess you forgot about Noah." i could see Finn immediately tense up, his hands slowly folding into tight fists. "Shh." i cooed, placing a hand on his arm supportingly. Sadie went to turn away, but Finn's words bit back. "i guess you forgot about Millie."

Sadie quickly turned back, looking to Finn in anger and shock. "No, Millie forgot me. Noah didn't forget you." "Yeah, well-" "Sadie, who are these boys?" A strong voice said and i saw her girlfriend, Siena, appear behind her, sweaty and panting. Sadie looked reluctant to answer, but before she could say anything Siena noticeably recognized Finn. "You little fucker."

——
Wyatt

Finn and Jack had agreed to meet up with me at the end day, hopefully with the others. i glanced over at Caleb and silently wondered how the hell i managed to get both him and Gaten to come with me. They were sitting silently on the outside bench, a few feet apart. "Jesus, why do you guys have to be so quiet around each other? You used to be best friends."

"Oh fuck off, Wyatt. Be glad i even agreed to this." Gaten shook his head, looking off at something in the distance. i smiled as i saw the site of Finn and Jack walking towards us, a reluctant looking Sadie trailing slightly behind.

As they walked closer, i could see Finn was sporting a black eye. "Woah, what happened to you, Wolfhard?" He rolled his eyes, "Sadie's girlfriend happened." "Ex-girlfriend." Sadie corrected, and i raised an eyebrow at her. "i broke up with her after she tried to beat up Finn." She muttered, looking down at her feet.

i nodded, turning to face Gaten and Caleb again. "Well, almost the whole gang is here." i was met with silence and i groaned. "Warm the hell up to each other already because you're already in now and there's no going back." i looked between Sadie, Gaten, and Caleb. They all nodded, loosening up.

"Okay, now-" i started to talk, but stopped after a white Range Rover rolled up unexpectedly. "What the hell?" Finn looked past us at the car. "Probably some cheap personality rich kid." Caleb said bitterly, leaning back. The small echo of heels on pavement hit our ears as the car door closed and a figure appeared around the front of the car.

Dressed in round sunglasses, slicked back hair, an uptight dress matched with a blazer, and a smirk she appeared. "Holy shit." Finn muttered, summing up what everyone was thinking. i looked to Sadie who looked as if she was going to collapse right then and there. The girl was none other than Millie Bobby Brown. She walked to us, taking off her sunglasses and folding them delicately. Looking at us each individually, she let out a long sigh. "Miss me?"

——
Hehe.

^millie entering this chapter like

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

^millie entering this chapter like