Switzerland ?

Putting my palms together, I pushed the tips of my fingers through the bulbous membrane. Separating my hands slowly, an opening formed in to an Azalea-sized hole. Stepping outside wearily, I Shielded myself from the human's eyes.

To Shield is to create a bubble of Element over yourself to hide from view for short periods of time. It was quite useful in avoiding the humans, although, they're probably so dull they don't even notice.

In the Daemon World, all Daemons are born with an Element, like a supernatural power. Over time however, the power begins to dissipate until you're left with nothing. Only few Daemons know how to stop this process from occurring. After a lengthy ritual, the process reverses, giving the Daemon more power than ever.

There is a scroll that outlays the direct instructions from the predecessors of the Daemon World. This scroll belongs to the Royal Family. It has been guarded for eons; soldiers and rulers have laid down their lived to protect it. It is vital that this scroll remain a secret, if it would fall into the wrong hands, everything would be lost.

I shifted uneasily. The Nakita Clan was definitely after the scroll.

It was up to Axiom and I to prevent them at all costs.

I strutted forward to greet the two humans but stepped back quickly as a cat sprinted past me. I growled and took a step forwards again.

"Oww..." I groaned, putting a hand to my head. I felt like I had just smacked into a brick wall.

"Oh crap! Are you okay?" I looked up into bright beryl eyes, crinkled in worry.

"I-Uh-yeah..." I trailed off uncertainly, still gazing into his eyes.

"Sorry," Axiom said, elbowing me in the ribs, "My sister's a klutz."

The boy laughed, ruffling his hair with one hand.

"No problem. Did I hurt that pretty little face of yours?" He reached out to touch my face, but I flinched. I could feel the heat rise to my face as he merely laughed. He patted my head amicably.

"Brother!" the girl twirled to great us, "Sorry for him." She glanced at me, "He doesn't know how to keep his hands to himself."

She smiled and offered me a hand, "I'm Mialyn."

I shook her head, smiling timidly. "I'm Azalea."

Her eyes widened, "Your name is amazing! It's so unique; just like mine."

I laughed, "We are very much in common."

The boy tilted his head, "Are you from around here? The way you talk is different."

Axiom stiffened, but I cut in smoothly, "We're from... Switzerland."

Axiom shot me a look, and I shrugged nervously. It was the only thing I could come up with.

"Switzerland?" Mialyn asked, her voice rising like flutes.

"Yeah," Axiom replied, "Very...Swiss..."

Mialyn and the boy laughed.

"I'm Skylar, by the way," he reached out to take my hand. After kissing it brazenly, he turned to Axiom.

"And you are?"

"Axiom."

"Nice."

Oh the battle of the stoic.

"So I'm guessing you two aren't familiar with the stuff around here, huh?" Mialyn asked.

"Nope," I replied, popping the "p".

"I'll show you two around then!" Her hot pink highlights blew into her face as she turned into the wind.

Axiom was pulled in front by Mialyn. He shot me a pained look as he was dragged off, but I merely waved at him.

"So," Skylar said.

"So," I replied.

"Liking it here so far?"

"It's pretty fly."

He laughed, "Nah, nah. It's so Boss, you mean."

"Ahh right, human lingo is so difficult to keep up with."

He turned to face me, "What?"

"I mean," I backtracked quickly, "the human language is always evolving. You-er--We have French and Korean and-"

"I get it. I get it." He put up a hand to stop me, "No need for an English lesson.

I rolled my eyes. We were walking down a deserted corridor. On either side were forest green lockers with peeling paint. The walls were stained a permanent yellow-ish color.

"So what's your first class?"

Behind my back, I snapped my fingers. Instantly, a copy of my "new schedule" appeared in my hand; and also in the office, along with Axiom's. It was a coincidence how we all had the same schedule.

Luck, right?

"Nice!" he exclaimed, blue eyes twinkling. "We have A.M Lit. together at 9."

"A.M. Lit?"

"American Literature; the most boring and useless class ever."

I smirked, "I'm sure."

He opened his mouth, "Ye-"

"Skylar!"

He whipped around. A girl was standing in back of us. Her hands were wringing her short skirt nervously and her glasses were slipping down the bridge of her nose. She twirled her bright red hair around her finger and spoke.

"C-Can I talk to you?"

He tiled his head before treating her to a beaming smile.

She looked like she was about to faint.

~~

it's an odd place to leave off...

but i will continue later tonight..

promise. (: