Kyori; Understanding

Months previous~

I rubbed my eyes groggily, feeling as though sleep was still wound around my weary limbs.

Sitting up slowly, I heaved myself to my feet. I seemed to float gently back to the ground. I felt a shock ripple through my spine as I tried to jump again. The same phenomenon was repeated as my feet landed quietly on the asphalt.

Curious, I bent my knees again, and this time noticed something I didn't before. There was a heavy metal chain attached to the front of my shirt. I gave it an experimental tug and felt pain shoot through my chest. The chair pulled away from my chest and I noticed that it went through my clothes and attached itself to my diaphragm.

Screeching, I flapped my arms around wildly. This dream was getting scary, almost too creepy for me. The amazing anti-gravity addition was welcomed; but I didn't like the fact that I was chained. I followed the links to a bus stop sign. My eyes traveled to the bold red sign, down the metal pole, and then to the base where a small glass jar was placed. The glass reflected in the sunlight, and despite the heat, a chill ran through me.

The place felt haunting and familiar; it was like I'd been here before.

Under the bottle, a little faded photograph peeked out. The edges were tattered in wear; it flapped in the breeze, threatening to fly away.

I trapped it quickly, and pulled it up to eye level.

The face staring back at me, was mine.

~~~

short because next chapter is written already.