oh haru~

"Is that it?" I asked quietly, my eyebrows furrowed from the intake of so much information at once.

"I think you'll be fine," Shiina patted my back sympathetically. "Our school is pretty big, but I'm sure you'll fit right in."

I smiled broadly at her enthusiasm, "Sure."

She waved goodbye and I meandered down the hall, feeling loneliness press down on me like I was being asphyxiated.

I pushed open the door to my History class with some trepidation. Rows and rows of eyes turned and stared at me, their gaze was so strong, I looked away and shuffled down the aisle to an empty seat.

After a few minutes of awkward gawking, Shiina walked through the door with my newly printed schedule.

"You found this class alright," she smiled, "Good job! You're picking stuff up fast!"

I merely nodded and took my schedule with a word of thanks.

"Everything is so confusing," I commented to myself.

"I know what you mean," Shiina said, thinking I was talking to her, "yesterday I thought it was sloppy joe day so I didn't eat any breakfast. Turns out it was salad bar... sucked."

I laughed politely as she rolled her eyes.

"You school looks very uniformed," I observed all the neatly pleated skirts, shirts, and dress pants with interest.

"You can say that again!" Shiina replied. "Our school just sucks the fun out of everything!"

Everyone in the class laughed, they turned in their seats to get a better look at me.

"So... Who're you?" one boy asked, tilting his head and grinning.

"Yumi, Yumi Sakurai," I gave them a lopsided smile.

"Cute name!" the girl on the side of me called.

"I'm Saki! And this is Riiko, Aki, and Maka." She pointed to each of her friends in turn and they all waved.

I blushed at all the unwelcomed attention but strangely grateful that everyone was so friendly.

They all turned away to their respectful groups and I stared at the desk in front me, tracing a star with one hand.

Oh, Haru... I wish you were here...