Kyori; Konso

He's getting closer... Come on, come on, keep on running.

I was exhausted but I continued to run, my breath coming in ragged gasps.

In the distance I heard a fearsome howl, the sound chilling me to the core.

Suddenly with a crash the hollow landed right in front of me.

"Going somewhere, little spirit?" it growled sinisterly. Its aura was overbearing, shrouding my mind in fear.

I fell to the pavement, inching backwards nearly paralyzed with fear.

The hollow to a step forward extending it's arm to capture me. I cringed waiting for what demise awaited me.

"Pathetic." said a voice far above me.

I looked up as the hollow called out, "Who's there?"

With a single leap the stranger landed softly in front of us. Dressed in black robes he held a thin black sword in his hands, facing the hollow.

"Ahh, a shinigami to add to my meal! How lucky." the hollow replied slyly.

"You're a shinigami?" I asked caught between fear and admiration.

"Obviously. Now go on continue with your battle, don't mind me. I just wanted to save you before you died to fast!" He said with a cheery wave, and disappeared.

"HEY! Where the heck are you going shinigami?! Aren't you going to help me?"

"As I said, absolutely pathetic. You have so much reiatsu and you can't even fight a mediocre hollow like this?" came the voice.

"I'm dead how can I fight?!"

"Well, I thought you had potential, apparently I was wrong. Go and hide somewhere you coward!"

"Excuse me?" I felt my temper start to build up. A faint aura surrounding me grew red.

"You heard me, pathetic, commiserable, deplorable, inadequate, lamentable, miserable, pitiful, useless, worthless! Do I need to spell it out?"

"Shut" I felt the power building around me, "UP!"

A huge jet of fire was released and surrounded me in a vortex, quickly swallowing up the hollow. It's eyes widened with fear, a split second before it was reduced to ash.

My vision cleared and the fire died down, along with my anger.

I heard slow, patronizing clapping coming from behind me.

"Highly impressive~" He said smiling.

"You!" I snarled at him. I took a step forward.

"Hey, hey, hey." he said putting his hands up "there's no need for such anger. I was just testing you."

"Whatever, shinigami. Thanks for nothing!"

"W-what?" He stuttered in surprise, "I helped you find your inner potential!"

"Yeah, yeah" I said haughtily, "So now what death god? Gonna send me over?"

"Sure" he took out his sword and walked towards me.

My eyes widened, "Hang on, what's with the sword!"

"It's called sword burial, konso. Relax, I'm only using the hilt. I'm coming with you, it's not everyday we meet a spirit with such high reiatsu."

"I'm honored." I rolled my eyes.

He smirked, "You should be."

"Someone's got a superiority complex..."

He merely smiled, "See you on the other side short stuff."

He extended his hand to me and I looked into his sage orbs and felt a connection, something inside myself was drawing closer to him. Subconsciously I gave him my hand. He pressed the hilt of his sword to my head, and I felt myself fade away... But I still felt the presence of his hand in mine.

~~

ALL FOR TODAY~