Kyori; Scared

I stumbled backwards in shock. The picture flew out of my hands and settling a few feet away. My fear spiked rapidly, confusion overtaking all of my senses.

I was dead.

--as a doornail.

Six feet under.

Gone.

A ghost.

I felt my fists gripping at the chain, as though I could break it with sheer will.

I felt waves of... something... rolling off me. And in the distance I heard an inhumane howl.

Incensed I backed into a wall, collapsing at the foot. Shaken.

"Hello there~," a slithery voice call out. I spun around, wiping my tear stained face.

"H-hello..." I stuttered, looking around for the owner of the voice.

Out of the darkness, a huge, something, emerged. It had the face of a lion, but it was coated in a shining white substance. It molded around the facial structures, like it was swathed in a web of crystalline plastic. The eye holes were deep and smoldered quietly with an aura of desolation. The body was larger and thick, the legs like tree trunks, claws protruding like knives.

I backed up slowly, not taking my eyes off of the monster. What WAS it?

Before I could blink, it was in front of me. It circled me in smooth, predatory strides.

"A soul..." it whispered to it self, hunger echoing in his words. "A new one too, good enough to eat."

It pounced, but I moved a second sooner. Clouds of dust and debris exploded from the impact, shards of concrete slicing my face.

It has to be a dream.

A dream.

A dream.

Wake up!

I pinched myself, WAKE UP!

But my legs were already running, seeming to have given up on my mind.

~~~

Part 3 of Fallen Gods.

damn. glitch. wont. let. me. upload. storygroup.