Brewing War

I raised my hand quietly, "I don't understand."

Chiron turned his torso around to gaze at the group of students crowded around the shade of the colossal golden orchard. His gaze fell on my raised hand and gave a small sigh, used to my interruptions. A rumble of grumbling rippled through the crowd as the story came to a halt to satisfy my inquisitive nature.

"What don't you get, Thera?" Chiron turned his stern glance at me as I lowered my hand silently.

"So we Gods, forced the Demi-Gods into hiding?"

Chiron gave a sad nod.

"But why?"

"Demi-Gods were used as weapons of war. They are more powerful than Gods, because they have the human ability to adapt and analyze, among other traits that eons of life have washed away from us. And yet, with the powers vested by one of their Olympian parents, they are more capable than any human."

"So what happened to them?" chimed in Hyoni. She was sitting next to me, crosslegged in the tall grass, picking up flowers idly.

"They left," Chiron replied simply.

"So you mean to say that a whole population just disappeared?" Amara said challengingly, ripping some nearby plants violently by the roots. Taking out a small dagger, she slid the length along a flat stone and stared at Chiron.

"They went into a different dimension. They escaped from our cruelty." Chiron smiled slightly, "Can't say I was sad to see them go."

"Is that bad?" a quiet girl in the front row piped up, twirling her flaxen hair around her pointer finger.

"It will be."

In Olympus, the fields were bountiful. The great mountain stood impressively over the Earth, it's shadow casting a reputable stature among the lands.

We had the deep ocean, brimming with life, and the darkening midnight overhead. It was truly Paradise. Or so everyone thought.

"What do you mean by that?"

"Nothing," Chiron turned away from the group of students to begin his lesson again. Cries met his ears as we all revolted against his vague and unsatisfying answer.

"Keep it down!" he hissed quietly, throwing a look upwards where thunderclouds were beginning to form.

"Then tell us!" Amara cried, as more voices backed her up.

He lowered his gaze and stared us straight in the face, "A war is brewing."

~ ~ ~

"Thera!" My head snapped up at the sound of my name. Hyoni was waving her hand in front of my face with vigor, and expression of frustration at my lack of response. I gave her a quizzical look and followed her out of the meadow and into the courtyard. My golden flats slapped against the pristine marble courtyard and I sat daintily on the edge of a white bench with the overhanging shade of a rose bush. Amara rushed in seconds after, her shield strapped to her back and clanging against her armor with each loud step.

"What did you want, Hyoni," I spoke up quietly, feeling unnerved by the aloof look in her eyes. She fixed me with a cold look and tossed her midnight black hair over her shoulders, "You heard Chiron."

Amara chuckled, "The poor donkey seems to be pretty worried about this little godly spat."

Hyoni glared at Amara before returning to her topic swiftly, "Don't talk about such things lightly. A war of the gods would have enormous repercussions."

Amara opened her mouth to argue but I cut in, "Quiet. Hyoni is right," I turned to face the icy goddess, "But what's the point of thinking about it? What's going to happen will happen."

"Our world will be ripped apart. I've heard some things from people who live on Top. If this fight grows any larger, we'll all be forced to choose sides. Gods will die."

"Impossible," Amara growled, "Immortals can't die."

"Yes," Hyoni's voice grew soft, "Yes they can."

- - - -

More to come!

sorry for being so MIA !! || OTL

Forgive me!!!