Chapter Seven | Bloody Sunday

_____

Aliyah

When I got home from Andre's house lastnight of course my parents were heated with me. My dad took my truck keys away, so I couldn't go anywhere unless I had a ride from someone. What the fuck, right ? I am 17 years old, and too old to be getting my shit taken away. I went off on him again lastnight, of course it ended very badly on my behalf. Both my dad and I had quite an attitude, and when they clashed it wasn't a nice scene to witness. In the end, I always end up in the hot seat.

As a so called 'punishment' for my behavior, my mother made me ride with him today while he dropped by all of his trap houses and do whatever illegal shit it is that he does on a daily. What good parent would make their daughter do that? Exactly, none of them would because they love their children too much to send them to do such things. What made it even worst, my mom knew how much I hated this stuff to begin with. I only deal with it because I have no choice.

We pulled up to my dad's first trap house I'm assuming, and he cut the engine in his black Tahoe truck. He turned to me and gave me a blank look before he finally spoke. "We're going to be in and out, alright ?"

I shook my head and rose one eyebrow. He had me all the way fucked up if he thought I was going in there with him. "By we, you mean't you, right ? I'd rather stay out here in the car," I said with a fake smile and turned away.

"No you not staying out here, you goin' in. Now lose the damn attitude Liyah and come on." he said stepping out of the truck slamming the door behind him. I could tell I was already pissing him off. At this point I didn't even care about his funky ass attitude. That is one reason I do the things that I do now.

"te odio (I hate you)" I muttered softly and under my breathe, but unfortunately he heard me loud and clear. He stopped in his tracks and looked back at me over his shoulder.

"What was that smart ?"

"Nothing," I mumbled slamming the car door behind me, and following him up to the huge steel doors of the run down warehouse building. I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms over my chest as we waited.  Of course I didn't mean it when I said I hated him. I loved my dad to death, and would kill if something was to happen to him. It's just the things he do that I hate so much. Like he knows I hate being around him when he's doing 'business' so why would you make me get out of the car.

My dad banged on the door four times, took a short pause and banged another two times against the steel door. I guess that was their secret code or something, because in seconds we were met with a face. The peep hole slid back, and a man came into view behind the door. Once he got a look of my dad, the locks began to twist. It finally flew open, and a big buff man was standing there with a gun in hand.

"Wassup boss ?" the man greeted my dad. How could you call someone smaller than you boss, I don't get it. The guys respected my dad around here, so I guess they just didn't fuck with him. His respect had its perks sometimes and it carried me respect as well.

"Shit, just making money B." my dad replied and dapped the man up, while I stood there. The buff dude turned to me, and looked back towards my dad with a amused expression on his face.

"Is this bring your daughter to work day or something ?" he chuckled deeply and hit my dad on the arm. The shit seemed to be so amusing to the two, but it was far from it to me.

My dad looked back at me again and shook his head. "Nah, it's just a punishment for her. She has to spend the whole day with me, and I had to check in on my spots so here we are." the man nodded and went back to his post at the door. I was a bit freaked out by the huge gun he had on his waist. He had three of them actually. Just by the way he looked screamed murderer. I guess that was a good thing in this field.