Chapter TWENTY FOUR - God, Are You There ?

Chapter TWENTY FOUR

_____

Aliyah P.O.V

"Ma , stop freaking out. You've confessed your love for my dad lost of times, now you're just in front of more peope. Its going to be okay, just remember your vows, don't cry and everything should go smoothly." I said trying to comfort my mother. She was an emotional wreck this morning, and it was pissing me off to the highest level. Lord, why did she have to be almost 4 months pregnant. Pregnant women cry just because. You could pronouce a word the wrong way and they'd have a fit.

"Liyah, its not that easy. I need to see him now, I have to." she said getting up from the chair completely ignoring the lady that was doing her make-up. She looked annoyed as she sat her brushes on the counter and tried to be patient for the sake of her pay check. I had already gotten mine done, along with Paris , Tasha , both my grandmothers, and the rest of the bridesmaids. My mother insisted she went last, and now she won't let the woman finish her work. It was the last thing because her hair was already neatly done into a nice ball with a braided piece around it and diamonds.

I sighed , and rubbed my temples because Lord knows I needed some patience to deal with her. She was acting worst than a 5 year old would on their first day of school. I know her emotions are all over the place because of her pregnancy, but still. She's a grown ass woman, she needs to control her emotions.

"Grandma , please talk to her. I've tried all I can, but I fail every-time. " I said taking a seat in the vanity chair as I watched my mother pace back and forward in her bedroom. She was crying, and sniffling. The wedding starts at 3 and it's almost 2. Hopefully she'll get herself together and we won't be late.

"Mel, baby girl calm down. I know this is your first time and its very special for everyone, but you have to take deep breaths and remember that you're carrying my grandchild inside of you. Don't stress yourself out, it's not good. Liyah is right baby. Stop crying, and pull it together. Darrel is going to be at the end of that aisle waiting for you, and we don't want him to see you looking a hot ass mess. Now sit back down and let the woman do her job." she said and guided my mom back over to the chair. She wiped her tears and the lady started over.

I sighed in relief and got up to look in the mirror at myself. I had a donut with spiral pieces coming down on each side. My hair is almost like hers, but a little different. She insisted it was like that, so I did what she wanted. My make up was done perfectly, and my nails were manicured into short french tips. I was practically ready, I just had to slip into my dress and shoes when it was almost time.

The wedding was mint green , white and silver. The theme was "Mint to be". Mint green was my mom's favorite color , so my dad let her choose. He really didn't't care about the colors, or the venue, the cake, the dresses, none of it. He just wanted to get married to my mother. Whatever my she said she wanted, he paid for it and made it happen. It was her dream wedding, so he didn't;t give her a budget.

My dress was long and made of a chiffon material. It had a sweet-heart shaped neck line adorned with diamonds. It was mint green and I loved it. The dress covered my feet, so I simply wore a pair of silver sandals to go along with it. I wasn't going to wear heels when it wasn't necessary.

After a few minutes, my mom was done with her make-up and ready to start getting ready. I hope and pray she doesn't start crying again and ruin this woman's hard work. It was worth every dollar, because she looked gorgeous. It was a little after 2 now, and everyone started to get dressed , including me. I went into my room where Paris was to start getting ready for this big day.