Chapter THIRTY FOUR - Break Through

Chapter THIRTY FOUR

_____

Aliyah P.O.V

Here I am laid up in the middle of Andre's bed watching him sleep. I knew he wasn't sleeping too well because of the constant frowning, but I was just happy that he was asleep. For the past couple of days he hadn't gotten a lick of sleep. It's Wednesday and he hasn't slept properly since Saturday night before his dad died. I was content with just watching him right now, even if I felt like a big creep for doing so.

It's the middle of the week and I haven't been to school at all what so ever. We weren't doing any work anyway, so it really wasn't a need for us to go. Last day for seniors is Friday, after that I wont have to worry about those stupid absentee letters coming in the mail ever again. I was done with high school finally.

I've been with Andre since late Sunday night. I knew this death would be hard for him, but I was going to be right by his side during it all. I hate that all of this happened and I actually cried for him. Seeing him so broken did something too me, even though we were still "just friends". Today was the day that I'd plan to end that, but it would have to wait until this storm passes over. It honestly feels weird to know that my dad could have been the one to kill his dad, but I brushed it all off. I didn't like the guilty feeling because it only made me blame myself for all of this. Andre was extremely distant these past couple of days and I was completely fine with that. I just wanted him to know that I'd always be right by his side, and if that meant me sitting with him getting the cold shoulder then so be it.

After I had gotten off the phone with Andre Sunday evening, I honestly wanted to cry, but I kept my composure. This wasn't suppose to end in this way, but in deed it did. I wanted to be with him right when it happened, but he asked for some time so I gave him just that. We went off to the county jail and as assumed, my dad was one of the one's that had gotten locked up along with another guy. Luckily, he was able to post bail and be released until his court date. He had his usual lawyer get on the case immediately after that. I wanted to know did he actually kill Andre's dad, but I didn't stick around to find out. As soon as we made it home, I hopped in my truck and went to Andre's side. I'd been here every since then.

I slipped out of the bed and went to use the bathroom. I was only in one of his t-shirts & my panties and bra, and the breeze definitely did hit my legs. He had a balcony connected onto the master bedroom and we forgot to close it last night. Well actually, Andre forgot to close it after his late night smoke. He's been doing that quite a lot these past couple of days and I didn't bother him about it most of the time. As long as he was coping with this, I was fine.

I slipped into the bathroom after closing the balcony door and took care of my business quickly. I washed my hands and looked into the mirror. My hair was all over my head, as usual. I rinsed and dried my face, then returned back to the bed, but he was gone. I looked around the room and then suddenly the breeze hit me. The balcony door was open once again and I already knew what he was doing outside. Smoking. I know, I said I wouldn't bother him about it, but it's getting quite out of hand. He smokes literally 24/7 now and it's not healthy for him one bit.

I made my way out the doors to find him sitting in one of the lounge chairs, a blunt stuck firmly in between his lips, and he was looking up at the sky with no care in the world. I wanted to cry at the sight of him, but I didn't do that. I hated crying now because for the past month that's all I've been doing. For some reason everything has just been down hill and tears have been the main result of it all. I had to be strong for myself though, but most importantly for Andre.

I slowly walked over to him and stopped when I was standing in between his legs. He continued to look up, not even acknowledging my presence, but I brushed it all off. Him acting like this did make me feel some type of way, but I had no right to blame him for it. He was hurting, and it was my job to be here for him through it. His mom took it hard as well as his little brother, but he didn't see them much since they had found out. He didn't want to see them so broken so he didn't leave the house. Trent and Paris stopped by on the daily, but nothing worked in consoling him.