Part 4

I woke up to the sound of my alarm buzzing. I groan and look over. 7:30?? Why the fuck am I up so early? I'm in in that hellhole anymore! I think to myself as I slam my alarm off, just in time to see Tyler walk in my door way. He comes in and sits on my bed. "Good morning sunshine, time to wake up. We have a busy day today." He says so gently. I look at him.

"What in God's name are we doing that has me up so early?" I ask rolling over to face the wall. He rubs my back. "We are signing you up for school today and getting you some school supplies." He says, running his fingers through my hair. "You were for real about that?" I groan sitting up. He nods. "Yes, I was." He says. "Now, come on, go get ready for the day, breakfast will be ready by the time you get downstairs." He says standing up and leaving me to dress. I wanted to go back to sleep by my hair brush beside my bed got me up on my feet. I honestly did not want a spanking this early in the morning, he won, this time. 

I go to the bathroom and decide I don't need a shower this morning so I brush my teeth and hair, putting it in a messy bun, then I dress in shorts & a random T. I grab my phone off the bedside table and flip it open, like I was expecting messages.  To my surprise, I had one.

To Kingston's Phone, From Miss Lue
Hello Diana Kingston, it's Miss Lue. Mr.Tyler gave me your cellphone number so I could check up on you. How are you settling in? Hope you are doing well.

i am doing good but its taking me a while to listen but im learning awful quick.

Was all I said, walking down the steps to the kitchen where I smelled eggs and bacon. "Damn, that smells yummy," I say, plopping on a bar stood to his island where he placed a plate of eggs and bacon and a glass of milk in front of me. "Language, Kingston." He warns as I pick up a fork and began to eat. "My bad." "I do not want to keep reminding you about the language, I will nip that in the bud. It's disrespectful & immature. So unless you wanna never have the taste of soap leaving your mouth I suggest you think before you speak." He says joining me in breakfast. My cheeks burned. 

"Yes sir."

~~~~~~~~~~

We pulled into the high school parking lot and my stomach instantly drops. I had stopped going to public school when I was placed in the center. I had never set foot in a public high school. Except once. And that ended badly. Tyler noticed my hesitation. "Hey, it will be ok. I Promise." I look at him. "Don't make promises you can't keep."

**

"Yes, her name is Diana-" "Kingston," I interrupt quick. Both the plump lady & Tyler glare at me. "If you had let me finish you would of known I was going to inform her that yes, your name is Diana but you go by Kingston." Tyler says, a little annoyance in his voice. I look at the ground embarrassed. "Sorry," I mumble. "You're forgiven." Tyler replies and continues his conversation with the plump lady, which I space out of, until I heard the word, discipline. 

"This school does provide paddling. It is, of course up to the legal gaurdenion, if the school is given permission to paddle or not." I look at Tyler with sad eyes, my heart began to race, and I stutter. "No..no..ple-ple sa-say n-no." I say, rocking in my chair. Tyler takes a hold of my back and rubs it. "Shh Kingston, I promise I will not allow anyone to harm you, okay? We will leave the punishments up to me, okay?" I nodded and he checks off the No box. "Is it possible to contact me if trouble accrues?" "Of course." "Great, so she can start tomorrow then?""Yes. Welcome to the school, Diana." She says smiling. I open my mouth and Tyler looks at me. I smile back and shake her hand. "Thanks, and would you mind calling me Kingston? I don't go by Diana." "Oh, yes, of course. Sorry!"

Tyler and I gather into the car and he starts to drive to Target. "Thank you for handling that last part well, Kingston." Tyler says. "Well I like sitting comfortably." I admit giggling. Tyler laughs. "Well, we've had a good day so far, lets keep it up. We'll do Target then some lunch. Hows that sound?" "Sounds good." I say, opening my phone again. "Hey..um, I have a question?" I ask, gaining his attention. "Whats that baby doll?" "How much longer until I can upgrade?" Tyler sighs. "Well, keep your grades up and don't let me get any bad reports. Stop the cursing and do your chores with out me having to rim you, and then you can. You have to show you are responsible and can be respectful. But that doesn't mean when you get it I still cannot take it away, got it?" I nod. "Yes sure, I do." "Which by the way, your chores start today. Did you make your bed?" I look down. "I mean I threw the blanket over it, it's not perfect." I admit. "Thank you for not lying to me."

When we got to Target we went straight for the office supplies. We got me a brand new back pack, binders, folders, pencils and all that school stuff. My nervousness calmed a little seeing all these cite school supplies. "I never realized how cute the supplies could be!" I admit, throwing in a pink sparkly binder. "Hopefully this motivates you to keep your grades up!" Tyler laughs. I join him in giggles, but then I stop. "Tyler?" I say quiet, holding a folder close. "Yes?" He says making his way toward check out. "Will..will I be spanked for making a bad grade?" I ask, lip quivling. Tyler noticed. "We will talk about that in the car." He says.

After check out, I help him put all the bags in the car and we get in the seats. "Now, why did you ask that question, honey?" I look down. "Be-because..in my other foster homes, if I made a bad grade in homeschooling or I got a question wrong, I'd get in trouble." I admit, choking up. Tyler kisses my head. "You don't need to worry about that. If you get a bad report card, and if you have tried you hardest, you will not get in trouble. But if you werent trying, not caring, etc, then I'd make you stand in a corner & you would get your butt tanned. but as long as you try, you wont be hit for making a C-, okay?"

"Okay," I smile, wiping a tear. Maybe I am gonna like it here.