'Chapter Eleven ✓×

Halloween rolls around. Me and Axel haven't spoken about what happened since that faithful night, and I plan on keeping it that way. I sit in Margo's room with Chloe, Johnathan and Peter. Axel and Blake decided not to join us, having needed to go last minute costume shopping.

I'm surprised Peter and Johnathan are still together. All they do is fight, and it's always the same thing. Peter accuses Johnathan of being unfaithful, and Johnathan accuses Peter of being afraid of commitment. Peter storms away to who-knows-where, and Johnathan comes to me.

"I wish you were coming, Peter," Chloe whines from her place beside me. "It'll be so much fun, and everyone knows you and Axel are the life of the party."

Peter shrugs. "Eh, I don't feel too much like partying."

"This must be an alternate universe," Margo comments as she walks into the room, wearing a provocative Bunny costume. "Peter ditching a party and Finn getting excited for it. Is this real life?"

I chuckle. "Hey, I like Halloween. Sue me."

"Okay, but you're my lawyer so..." She laughs before gesturing to her costume. "What do you think?"

We all shake our heads in unison. She sighs and turns around, going back across the hall to her room to change.

"What are you being, Finn?" Chloe asks. I shrug.

"I'll find a name tag and put someone elses name on it."

"Oh! Be the guy from The Office. He put a name tag that said Dave on it and said his costume was Dave."

"Yeah, that was the reference he was making," Peter points out. "You stepped on his joke."

Margo returns, now wearing a pirate costume. She has a red jacket, and a white ruffly blouse. She has big boots and an eyepatch. "I thought you loved Halloween, why would you just wear a name tag?"

"I like Halloween, I don't like dressing up."

Johnathan laughs. "You're too heterosexual for your own good."

"Hey, shut up!" I push his shoulder playfully and he tries--and fails--to stifle his laughter.

"How does the eye patch look?" Margo asks, pulling our attention back. Chloe is the first to reply.

"No way, you've got good eyes." Chloe takes the eye patch off of Margo and launches it across the room like a rubber band. Margo laughs.

"Okay, I'm ready to party!"

...

I end up going to the party in a suit and a pair of glasses, calling myself a Kingsman. I think it's a pretty good idea, but I look terrible in the glasses, so I'll more than likely end up taking them off later on tonight.

I go to the party alone, which is strange. Usually, Margo or Chloe is glued to my side, but today I'm alone. I walk down the hall to where the biggest crowd is, and find Johnathan standing in the doorway, staring in. I come up behind him, leaning against the wall beside him.

"You planning on going in anytime soon?" I ask casually. Johnathan jumps in surprise, but huffs in relief when he sees me.

"No, just looking," he mumbles. I furrow my brow, staring in to see what he's looking at. I find Peter standing with a beer in his hand, laughing with some people I've never seen before.

"I thought he wasn't coming," I muse. Johnathan scoffs.

"I did too." He turns away from the door, painting a grin on his face. "But, who needs him, anyway, right? I'll have fun at this party without him."