Chapter 13: Suspicious

"... The Blood moon ball..."

Hearing those words made me shiver, made me scared, even if it was the night I found him... Jack, even if it was our 18th birthday, but it was mom's death anniversary. I've been wanting to forget about the dance, that moment Jack accidentally bumped into me, the moment I gazed at the one I suppose was destined to be with me, and I'll never see him...AGAIN

Sam's POV
I was listening to Damion about the Blood moon ball. I was shocked, but I didn't make it that obvious. I remembered the time I danced with the princess and I don't even know her. Dad, I suppose brought me to the demon realm a while to meet with someone, then, I accidentally bumped into her, then the red spotlight that changed my life. She was so beautiful, smart even. I just danced with the princess, but I knew I would never go back, never to see her again.

"There were siblings who were destined to be future rulers of the demons. The time came for their 18th birthday."

"I see you like to include twins in your stories as well?"

"Believe me, he goes Gaga for it."

I chuckled at (y/n)'s response. Everything she did made me smile, made me feel a whirl in my stomach. It was the exact feeling I had when I was dancing with the princess. What am I saying actually?! I'm starting to have feelings for her, but she only knows me as Jack. Fuck this.

"One of the siblings were danced by a guy she accidentally bumped into. Considering him, she danced passionately with the boy. The moment both stood up, he light of the blood moon shone upon the two. They were chosen. They were the souls that we're destined to be, bound for all eternity."

"Hey, (y/n), is that story nice?"

"Heh, I guess so, but I have a great plot twist for that."

"Come at me sister."

She narrowed her eyer at Damion, wanting to make sure if he agreed with what story was going on with their heads. I don't want to use my powers for this, I'll find something I shouldn't and it will fucking scar me for life. I saw Damion nod in the corner of my eye, and (y/n) opened her mouth to speak.

"Once the dance was finished, the twins talked for a while. Going back to the ballroom, the girl was not able to find the one she danced anymore. She looked around, but he wasn't there, and she promised to herself that she'll never look for someone to love again."

"Aww, but that's kinda short for an hour and a half play."

"I did some past research about demons being sent on a mission on Earth."

I smirked, thinking of an idea that came to me, but (y/n) spoke as soon as I opened my mouth.

"The twins were sent by their father to the human realm. The father said that they were not just twins, but triplets!"

"What the shit that's a great plan! How'd you get it?!"

"Well, I was looking at how Edward and Damion really look alike, considering I'm Damion's twin and all but they look so much more like twins compared to me and Damion."

"No shit, you're still my twin and nothing will tear us apart."

"Not bad, so I'm the sibling that lives in the human realm? Why?"

"Because their sibling was born more of a human than a demon."

Edward's POV
I thought of the whole story line, it seemed good, but including the human realm made me uncomfortable, as if these two are the demons in the story, as if whatever they're saying is real. I don't want to get hurt anymore, emotionally and physically. I need to find a way to get other of this place.

"Oh wow, look at the time. I guess I'll better get going, you know how mad Uncle Wilford will be when I'm gone."

"Ed, it's like only 8:30. Why are you leaving so soon?"

"Uh... I have some.. things to do. You know, chores and stuff... Hehe"

Great Edward, now you'll get everybody suspicious. The voice in my head was right, Sam knew me too well that if I had any chance I would just sleep in. Uncle Wilford only came home on Sundays, and he knows that. Here goes for the heart to heart talk.

Dark Jr.'s POV
Reading Edward's mind, I knew he was scared. He was afraid of getting "hurt", and I don't know why, and I don't want to know more.

"Hey sis, do you mind if me and Ed, you know, have a bro to bro talk for a bit?"

"No problem. I'll be here with Sam."

"No funny business okay?!"

"Yeah dad I'm gonna be fine."

"Don't worry sir, I'll be in charge of keeping her intact."

"You better."

After that, I led Edward to the guest room, hoping that he'll say anything that comes into him. Both of us sat on the bed, not in a wierd way you sinners.

"Ed, you're scared and I want to know why."

He was shaking. I patted his back and nodded.

"Okay, I'm.. kinda... emotionally unstable? Somehow, I have my feelings overpower me too much that I had my heart dropped a million times."

"I get you, but what are there 'feelings' you suppose I could help with."

"Okay, I'm gonna tell you this and you'll probably think I'm crazy, but, please, keep this a secret, from bro to bro."

My heart was dropping every time he called me "bro". Cuz, I know he's my brother and I can't even tell him the truth!

"Calm down cause Dr. IPLIER's gonna find out what's wrong."

"Dr. IPLIER? Is that a name you call yourself nowadays?"

"If it cheers up my sister then I suppose it cheers you up as well."

"Okay. I was raised by my uncle, Wilford. If you want me to define him he always talks wierd, and his outfit... I mean.. suspenders are popular ages ago and I get cringey every time I see him, but he looks good in a way. It's wierd that he always wears a fake pink mustache and pink contact everyday, even his bowtie is pink. Pink is all around the freaking house, except for my room though."

"Don't you actually think we're related?"

"Wait, what do you mean?"

"I mean, I have the same uncle that wears almost everything pink as well. Just to be clear... Is he a journalist or a reporter or something?!"

"Heck he is! But... Yeah, our facial features almost match, we have the same last name, share the same uncle, but soon we'll find out that we're nothing related and I'll be cooped up in my room for a week again."

"Hey, don't say that. We've already been calling each other bro for I don't know how many months and I can't leave a bro behind. Remember on the first day, when you were getting beat up by those douchebags, I would just let them do their business, but I didn't, because I can't let anyone hurt me or my family, even (y/n) seems to be attached to you."

"Damion... I-I don't know how to say this, b-but I... I'd want to be your brother."

"You already are bro. Don't take this the wrong way but if I was to pick, I'd pick you over (y/n)."

"Thanks bro, but I'd like you both to be my siblings."

I hugged him as we stood up and walked out. As I went out, I see (y/n)...

Crying...

Being hugged in the arms of Sam...

Then later I felt a punch through my stomach. I fell back, seeing her with red eyes, they were smoking, literally like a mist of red surrounds her eyes as black tears threaten to fall from it. She glared at me, unaware of her surroundings. Edward was pulled back by Sam. I couldn't make up what they were saying, but as I heard the front door close, I knew that meant trouble as I looked up to her, her face had anger written all over it.