October 3, 2017

10/3, 7:48 AM

Huzzah! It worked! Well, no, not exactly. I'm getting ahead of myself.

Right after I returned the recorder off, the lights flickered, momentarily. Mercifully, it wasn't a blackout: the hospital machinery stayed on. No vengeful white-sheet ghosts appeared demanding revenge, no objects swirled around the room chaotically. But I swear I saw something. Something not quite corporeal, floating above Maggie, filling the room, somehow. And then it left.

Not quite the concrete proof I've been hoping for. But something was there. I think I know that almost as a certainty. And... Maggie's going to be all right now, I think. That's victory enough for today.

I've commandeered Nathaniel's journal for now. I should probably give it back sometime. Anyway, what I wanted to report on is finished for now. I hope I've done adequately. This series of events is proving most interesting.

Valerie

October 3, 2017

Maggie is alive! This is Nate! I don't think I've ever had to introduce myself in my own journal. Regardless, I think Maggie's safe for now. She's pretty weak and she's in a wheelchair for now and she said "I can push my own damn wheelchair. If you try to push me then I'm going to push you where the sun don't shine!". She'll be fine. Valerie has to go now, but she'll be in touch. Now I promised Maggie an entry.

This is Maggie. I'm back baby! I'm alive, and the ghost can go to hell! I was x-rayed again, and I'm fine. The bleeding also stopped, so I should be good to go. I need to work on some armor though. There's only so many hunting accidents we can fake. I'm just lucky the bullet passed all the way through, otherwise there'd be more problems. Still, I'm fricking alive! I have a few special projects I need to work on though. Bye!