Return

"Dad I don't understand why I have to go... it's not fair." I whined to my father. He was making me go back to live with my mother. It wasn't his fault though, as much as I acted like it was. He only wants to protect me.
"Honey, you know I want to keep you safe. With the return of the Omnics here... it's not safe anymore." He replied softly.
We live in Kings Row, right where the first Omnic crisis broke out. Overwatch was able to stop it from going any further than this small city in England, and actually gained a lot of information to prevent further issues. I guess it wasn't enough. Overwatch had sent out a few teams to evacuate the areas. Omnics were coming again, and this time it was more than they had seen. New ones, old ones, revamped. They fear they may not be able to stop them this time.
Luckily my father works with the scientific team of Overwatch. We got a heads up.
"Please! Please let me stay and fight them! This is my home too!" I pleaded with my father, he just put his hand on my head and rubbed my [h/c] hair.
"I'm sorry, [y/n], you aren't trained for combat like this. Or any combat at all. I just want to protect you. Please, listen to your father for once.?" I sighed, sadness looming over me. I just want to help. Stay and fight for where I live. It isn't fair.
"What if I never see you again? What if something happens to you?" He folded his hands together and looked at me.
"[y/n] i will be fine. I won't be facing any kind of combat. But I can't risk anything happening to you." He handed me a small box. "And if you ever need me you can just call me." It was a phone. I hadn't ever had one before, even though I'm 21. It was just never something I thought I would need. My father was always available, and my friends came to me when they wanted to hang out.
"Dad I've never,..thought about having one of these before. Thank you."
"I'm sorry it had to be because of a situation like this." He sighed. We both feared for what may come. "Now, come on, let's get you packed up and on the way to your mothers!"
I sighed and got up from my seat at the table and walked to my room. I stood in front of my closet and stared blankly "What should I pack?" I called to my dad.
"The essentials!" He yelled back to me.
"Well no kidding!" I responded. "What else?!" There was a short pause before I heard an answer again.
"Whatever you want to take with you! Whatever can fit, anyway!"
My shoulders drooped and I just sighed. I have so much stuff. It's all sentimental to me. I decided to go find my dad to see how much I could actually take with me. Wandering down the hall I stopped in the doorway of his office. He looked up as I leaned against the doorway, crossing my arms.
"So... how much, exactly, am I allowed to take with me?" He paused from his work and looked up at me over his glasses.
"Well, we can only take so much. You have two suitcases right?" He asked. I thought for a second and nodded.
"Yeah, two big ones." He smiled at me.
"Well, fill those. You don't need to take all of your clothes, you are going to Australia I after all." I froze. Australia. That's right. I haven't been back since Mom and Dads careers took them to different parts of the world. It was surreal. Thinking about going back made me excited.
"Does she still live in JunkerTown?!"
"(Y/N). She's the QUEEN, of JunkerTown."