Love 3: Love you Right

Forth's POV

I've let him go once. I would be a fool to let him go twice.

It wasn't that I fell out of love. In fact, I am deeply in love with him.
But our messages got shorter; videocalls became rarely, love dates became limited, calls often unanswered; fights became longer; important events oftentimes forgotten.
We became busier than ever. It was our senior year. The busiest year of college.

Unnoticed, our relationship slowly drifted apart.

"Let's break up Forth."

His voice was thick with emotion. I know this is harder for him.

But I didn't say nor do anything..I just watched him leave the door. I felt miserable..

-------------------------

"Ai'Forth I'm not some damsel in distress. I don't need saving."

"You were being punched by that guy. You weren't even fighting back. What the hell were you doing?!"

I was furious he's hurt. My voice echoed loudly in the empty parking lot.

"Forth. Let go. "

"No." I just kept on walking.

"Ai'Forth let go of me. It hurts."

I immediately loosened my grasp on him.
Maybe I unconsciously yanked him while walking away.
His wrist was left with red, painful marks.
Stupid me. I feel guilty.

"I'm sorry Beam."

I grabbed his arm gently this time. "Let's go."

"Ai'Forth let go of me. I am not coming with you."

"Come on. I just need to apply first aid on you. After that I promise you can go home."

He crossed his arms and was about to say something but stopped and just answered a clipped Okay to me.

So I led him across the street to where I parked the car.

On our way to my dorm we weren't talking so I broke the silence first.

"Who was that guy? Why was he beating you up? It was obviously an assault. Why didn't you put up a fight?"

He wasn't fazed by my relentless questioning. So I forged ahead.

"I'll turn this car around and punch that guy senseless."

"Ai'Forth!"

Finally, a response.

"Stop being so nosy and just drive.", he grumbled.

I was still furious with what happened to him so I added on, "I know you can protect yourself, but why didn't you? Don't tell me you enjoy being beaten up?"

In my peripheral vision I saw frustration crinkled his eyes. He let out a huff.

"You really are such a meddlesome person. Why can't you just mind your own business?"

"I'm really concerned about you."

"Why would you be? What are we?", he said in a challenging manner.

I was rendered speechless with his question all I could do was let out a "Hmm."
We drove in silence once again. But I noticed he forked his fingers through his hair for the third time.

I let him in and guided him to the living room.

"Wait here. I'm just going to get the first aid kit."

"Do I look like I'll be going anywhere? I followed you here already if I wanted to go somewhere else I already did ages ago. Are you that dense?"

He managed a deadpan expression.

"Alright. Alright. Um. I'm sorry. I.. I'll j-just.. I'll just get the kit now.."

I rushed to the bathroom to get what I needed.

"Be gentle you blockhead."

He grimaced every time I dab ointment to the bruises on his pretty face.
I'll make that man pay for what he did to my lovely Beam.

"There you're all set up."

"Thanks but you didn't have to do this.", he said in a low voice, I had to lean closer to hear him.

"It's nothing besides I really wanted to help."

He grabbed his coat and was about to leave so I packed up my courage.

"Beam, wait..."

He faced me and rocked back and forth on his heels.

I feel nervous. But I know I've got to do this. Or I'll regret it forever.

"I wanted you to know that back then it was a mistake that I've set you free. I should have done everything to make you stay. I still love you. Can I still have a shot at second chance?" I said in a breath.

He pocketed his hands on his coat. He looked like he was thinking deeply.

"I already love someone. He's a bit of an idiot. But I love him. He's tall, handsome and tan-skinned. And an engineer. I loved him so much and I still do despite everything that happened.", he answered.

"Was it that man earlier????!!! But he just abused you. How could you love THAT man?!."

I knew I was shouting loudly that my neighbors could hear me but I couldn't help myself.

My voice sounds wobbly. I took a deep breath.
My heart feels heavy. I feel enraged that the man I love loves a man who just hurt him.
I clenched my fists and looked at the flower painting on the wall to prevent myself from crying.

I didn't notice that he edged closer to me. We were now facing each other.

"My number's still the same. Ring me up you idiot."

He kissed my cheek and left..

Wait. I am that idiot he's talking about..

I was left dumbfounded but blissful with what happened....

This time I'll love you right..I won't ever let you go..

I love you so much Beam.

[a/n]
When I wrote this the scene play perfectly in my mind. Hope I did justice to my imagination tho. 😶
Vote and subscribe if you enjoy the story 😙