Chapter 1 (Pt 2)- To Discover

The bumpy road was strangely soothing to you as you silently gazed out the window of the taxi you were currently in. You were minutes away from your hometown, and you had left the office hours ago. You'd packed lots of variety of foods, plenty of clothes that you'd stacked neatly/messily into your suitcase, a torch, batteries, your phone, a plug, and most importantly to you, many articles about your hometown including some history on it too...and, of course, the article about you.

The journey was silent for most of the way, apart from the driver attempting to start up conversation with small talk once in a while. You weren't being rude, but you just didn't feel like talking, so the conversation fell flat every time. All you wanted to do was savour how quiet it was from the office and back at your apartment with your noisy roommate. You got bored after a while, however, so you pulled out your suitcase and took out (Fave Snack) and a small history book on the town.

You munched on your snack and placed the book on your lap, flipping though the pages and mostly looking at the pictures. One entry, however, always caught your attention. It was all about how during the Victorian era, everyone in the town suddenly vanished, out of thin air. Some claimed that it was the work of the plague, but there was never any bodies found, so that was impossible. The only ever lead they had was that almost all of the disappearances occurred near the city's main well, which almost everyone went to for their water supply.

You closed the book.

A little secret was- you never bought the book. You'd actually moved from the town into the city when you were merely eight, as your parents attempted to give you an escape from all the news that was spreading like butter on bread about you and your so-called Clown. Your mother/father had given it to you to borrow from the library so they could tell you all about your hometown, but of course when you moved you had forgotten to return it. So that's why it was in your hands right now, being returned into the suitcase.

"Lady, we're here" the driver says, pulling a cigarette out of his pocket to light it. You step out quickly, rather all of your fairly disorganised things and thanked the driver, even tipping him for eventually getting the hint of staying quiet when you wanted silence.

He stayed on the side of the rode, obviously on a smoke break, as you ventured on into the town. Nostalgia was the first thing that hit you; the place was slightly altered, but overall most of it remained the same. The houses and the trees on the streets were still there, except the buildings were cleaner and refurbished. You held onto your bag and suitcase as you strolled through the street. You were going to Walners Street, which you recalled being the street behind the one you were in.

So you cut through an alleyway and eventually made it to a little set of brand new cottage like houses that looked like they were only built recently. In your favour, they just happened to be for rent, so you'd wasted no time booking one online.

When you arrived at the little cottage that you recalled was your booking number 12, you unfolded some paperwork from your pocket and typed in a sequence of numbers and letters onto the houses keypad that they had given you instead of a key. The door clicked open and you stepped in, wheeling your suitcase in behind you. The place was decent but rather bland, and everything was mostly a simple cream colour. You were given a TV and a couch that was connected with the kitchen, and upstairs was a little bedroom with a queen sized bed. Smiling softly, you dumped your things to one side for now, and flopped into bed.

It had been a long day of travelling, and you needed plenty of rest...

...for tomorrow you were going to go to the place you first met him.

{SORRY GUYS I ENDED UP WRITING A SHORT CHAPTER FULL OF BULLSHIT STORY AGAIN. BUT I CANT HELP MYSELF...I DONT LIKE IT WHEN A STORY JUMPS STRAIGHT INTO THINGS.

SO HOPEFULLY YOU TAKE THE TIME TO AT LEAST SKIM READ THESE CHAPTERS SO THE STORY YOU ARE WAITING FOR IS STRONGER...BUT ITS UP TO YOU LOL 👌🏻}

Anyway I pinkie promise that the story will move on next chapter, specifically to the sewers hehe.