Chapter 5- Promise? What Promise.

"Better?" You question.

He looks up at you with a sinister smile. "It filled a gap...but I prefer my food fresh"

You wondered as to what he was implying, and when you caught on you didn't even have time to react. As if defying gravity, the pale clown swung to his feet, and it was only now you could see how tall he is. Far, far bigger than you. He could probably early crush your head in with a single hand.

Which is why you became so scared and shocked you couldn't speak. Only a small squeak came from you as he ran at you at an inhuman speed. He reached you and then bashed into you harshly, and you dropped your flashlight in the process. It clattered to the floor of the sewers, but luckily didn't break so there was still a limited amount of light brightening the place up.

You, however, weren't so fine. The clown had grabbed you by the throat and slammed you into a wall that he had eventually reached. His face was really close to yours now, and you could smell the putrid stench of rotten flesh from his breath. You had never been this scared before.

Which was exactly what he wanted.

You struggled against his vice like grip, and the insane clown wiggled in excitement and mocked your actions. As you gasped for air, he did the same, pretending as if he too was running out of breath. Reaching a hand up you tried to pry his hands from your neck which resulted in laughter from the heartless freak, who then suddenly stopped laughing and lifted you into the air effortlessly by your throat.

It was painful, so you tried to tell him to stop but the words weren't coming out of your mouth. He noticed your desperation to try and talk from sheer experience, so with a huge grin he brought you closer to him and tilted his ear towards you. "What was that?" He says mockingly, the smile never leaving his bright red lips.

You felt him release his grip on your neck in the very slightest, and you sucked in as much air as you could at this opportunity and barely struggled out, "We....had...a deal"

The clowns brows knitted together for a second, and he frowned, as if he couldn't understand what you were saying. Then he lowered you back down to the floor and have you that Cheshire grin again, face uncomfortably close to yours.
"That's right, girlie! You said you would help me find some food. Looks like you're first on the menu!" He cackled as thick drool oozed out from his open lips.

You stared in fear as you tried to lash your legs out at him, but they were flailing in all the wrong directions. The clown gave you a crooked smile then suddenly delved his face into the side of your neck. You could feel this deadly cold breath, not near warm enough to be human, and you could feel him take a deep breath in and smell you.

"Mmm. Fresh fresh fresh!" He snickered and retracted from your neck. You began to sob helplessly. "And seasoned with fear!"

So that's why he was taunting you...It made you taste nicer? With this information in mind, you wished you could just stop fearing everything about him, fearing for your life, just to spite him and taste worse. But you couldn't. You were too riled up on your own disgust and worry.

"But I wonder how you taste..." He says slyly.

He came closer to you again, then, and this time what appeared to be an insanely long tongue slipped from his mouth. With wide eyes, you strained to look down at the muscle that was slithering towards you, flinching when it came in contact with your face. He slid the reddish tongue up from your jawline, across your cheek and looped back around to your mouth, a trail of disgusting drool covering your face. From there he came closer until his tongue rode over your bottom lip, then just to disgust you his bright red lips gave you a sloppy kiss.

It didn't mean anything, and you could see that. He just did it to strike more fear into your heart. He was consuming you in any way he could, even if it mean violating you.

"You...monster." You chocked out, digging your nails into his gloved hands. It was ineffective, and he barely showed any concern by the action.

"Why's that, big shot? Am I not allowed to play with my food?" He replies raspily. You choke out in utter disgust and try to spit on his face, but due to the lack of movement in your neck the spit missed and instead fell onto his frizzled collar. He looked down and for the first time he wasn't happy. He gave this displeased frown as his eyes turned darker, and you could feel his gloved grip on your neck become tighter.

Then the thing you were fearing happened. He tilted his head backwards, his eyes nearly rolling back into his head, and his mouth opened up incredibly large. You'd seen what he did with the arm, so you knew what was coming...but he didn't seem to mind taking his time just to taunt you more.

"P-please" you whispered with your last bit of breath, closing your eyes to prevent seeing the horror in front of you. You were going to die because you were so stupid. You shouldn't have trusted him! He killed Georgie, and now he was going to kill you.

You waited for the pain of his teeth seeping into you, but it never came.

You opened your eyes and suddenly dropped to the floor. He was gone. Frantically you searched for him, but there was nobody in sight in the dim light of the torch. You held onto your throat and gasped for breath that you were longing for. Your neck was blue and purple.

"Where?" Was all you could usher out. Then you heard what sounded like footsteps above you. They were coming from atop the roof, and dust was raining down onto you. Whoever was up there was creating heavy footsteps, and the only explanation you could settle on was that Pennywise was up there. He had left you down here with nothing!

So, in grief and hopelessness you got to your feet and began sprinting. You were to scared to think straight, so tears escaped your eyes as you ran flimsily to the hole that you climbed down. Once you reached it, you could see a light coming from the exit but you knew it was too far to reach. Way to far. Desperately you tried to climb and jump but there was no point. It was about five men high.

"P-Pennywise!" You cried, not really behaving sensibly anymore. Why call out for the murderous clown? Perhaps because he, no matter how much you didn't want to accept it, was your only leash on life. Your only hope.

You were screwed.