Chapter 7- Unstable (Pt2)

If not you, would've offered him a sandwich.

But alas he fed on humans, and the idea that he had been doing this for centuries was pretty terrifying. "You're not from here, are you?" You ask quietly.

"Someone's a smart cookie." He replies, with a hint of annoyance. It was as if he didn't like how fast you had caught on, and the only way he knew how to deal with the setback was to mock you. So you choose to ignore it, and since you were here now, try and pry at these new emotions he was showing.

"Why are you killing humans? Can't you just leave?" You question, but quite quickly flinch at how biting your words sounded. You wanted to ask it as a sort of option, but it came out with a 'get off our planet' sort of vibe. He didn't seem to pick up on it, thought; not as far as you could tell.

"Why? Why?" He says breathily. Then he flashes you that god awful grin, this time showing off a pile of his teeth that were slightly off in colour thanks to the lack of hygiene he had. "Because, my dear, you are tasty,don't you see? You humans' fear is the best I've ever tasted!"

You felt a little sick...he was talking about you and your kind as if you were peas and carrots on a plate. There was no decency in hiding this either, but you hadn't expected any more from him. In a way, he thrives off the idea that he is superior to your race, as for your race being superior to any other animal or plant on the planet. So he is the top of the food chain, your only predator, and he enjoys that a little too much.

Just when you thought that was it, he suddenly frowned. But not in anger or mockery- in sadness. Or so it appeared. "But alas, I couldn't leave if I wanted to."

"Huh?" You muttered, "But aren't you, like, an alien? Can't you just fly off?"

Pennywise looked disgusted at your lack of knowledge of the topic, even though he knew there was no way you could've obtained this information before. "Once I'm down here, I can't get back up, sweets."

You cleared your throat and visibly cringed at the nickname he had given you. 'Sweets'? Jeez, can't he take his mind off food for a second. It was like he wanted you to know that you were his food.

"When you look at me, what do you see?" You ask, curious for his answer, but also a bit frightened. His blue eyes trailed up towards you, and for the smallest of seconds they flashed orange but it disappeared.

"A meal." He replies flatly, creepily. Well, at least he's honest, right?

But he wasn't. He wasn't and you knew he wasn't. He was lying. You'd already figured out that orange eyes symbolises hunger, and blue (from what you could tell) was neutral or calm. You could also remember seeing red eyes when he was chasing you ours ago and you threw your flashlight at his head. So that must mean really mad.

But that was besides the point. The point was that his eyes weren't orange, but blue! Maybe he was hungry, and he did have some pretty worrying temptations of eating you, but he didn't look at you just as food. And just to prove yourself right, you went for the boldest move you'd ever commited.

"Then why haven't you eaten me?"

Not only did it take you by surprise that you actually said it, but Pennywise looked pretty dazzled too. The sentence was almost daring, as if to say 'Go on then, do it'. Which is why, when confronted with this challange, the dancing clown was utterly speechless. He managed to cover his dumbfounded expression up within the second, but that didn't stop you from seeing it for the second it was there. You'd caught him out.