Chapter Four: Am I asked to Homecoming?

*edited

After what happened last night, later in the morning, Mom gave me a huge lecture of having boys in my room in the middle of the night. George looked at me amused as if I kind of break a law in the house. Toby was controlling his mouth from laughing at me. I glared at him while stuffing my mouth with pop tarts. He rolled his eyes at me and showed his tongue out. Pig!

Now I'm at the library looking for a book to read. Ever since I was a little kid, I love reading books especially my grandpa's classic books. I was surprised when I saw one of grandpa's collections. There are Shakespeare, Eye for an Eye, How to kill a mocking jay and the others; that I did not remember that well. Basically, one of this days, young authors such as John Green are famous with his books; the Fault in our Stars. It's a nice book. I've already read Suzanne Collins books like the Trilogy of Hunger Games. With classics, they are a little bit deep especially when they are told with a rhyme such as poems.

Okay. I know you are getting boring with what I am saying right now but I had to share my love with these books. They are all lovely. Oh, an even Harry Potter, wow, such a fan when I was a kid. Now I remember when Dad used to go with me in the movies to watch Harry Potter but then suddenly stopped when he passed away. I never get to join Harry Potter's adventures. Pity me.

I was snapped from my thoughts when someone grabbed me by the arm and I almost shout and thankfully whoever grabbed me covered my mouth with his manly hands. Wait, did I say manly? I squirm away from the guys grip but the guys tightened his hold and I had nowhere to go. I was trap. Oh mom! I love you so much. Please take care of Toby when I'm gone. I'm not sure when I'll be back but I know this is the end. I'm gonna die.

"Cupcake, when are you gonna stop with your rant about you dying?" a familiar voice said. Hey! I know that voice.

"You idiot! You almost killed me to death!" I whispered yelled and shoved him on the floor. He made an 'ooof' sound and glared at me. I don't want the librarian to kick me out from the library. This is the only place where I can be alone.

"Awe. Is the cupcake irritated?" He smirked then got up. He stood in front of me then continued to smirk.

"Yes! And what the hell was that on the paper? My mother almost caught you. I had to stay for like 30 minutes to hear my mom lecture about boys in my room at the middle of the night. And now you're dragging me here, at the corner of the library to god knows what. Now what do you need?" Still glaring at him, I waited for his answer. But he made it worse by saying a single word.

"Nothing."

Ugggh! This guy is so confusing. Now he is back and all he does is annoy me. God! Kindly help me right now. I stormed out of the library and left him standing there amused and hurt at the same time. Did I say hurt? Yeah. His face kind of looked hurt. Why would he be hurt? I should be the one who is hurt. For all the times he's been here in my sight, I remembered the times he bullied me, well, not really physical bullied but annoys me though. He has never hurt me. I know that guy is absolutely nice but I don't get why he hates me that much or annoys me. I wanted to be friends with him ever since I saw him at that café but everything has to change.

I shudder and erase the little thoughts in my head before going to my next class.

***

"Density is equal to mass over volume which is simplified to its units as grams over millimeters. Now, we are going back to converting because most of you do not understand the meaning of converting. May I ask, Katie, what is converting?" Mr. Joints asked, holding his 12 inches ruler. Hey! I'm not that dumb. I can still understand numbers. I absolutely hate chemistry but oh well.